600 gallon lighting questions

patask08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 600 gallon acrylic aquarium being built now and it should be done in a couple weeks. The tank is 96x48x30.
Long story short, my last tank, 400 gallons, started leaking one morning and then within 15 minutes, my basement was flooded. I had the tank insured so I got the value of the tank and I paid the difference to upgrade to a 600.
When my 400 was set up, it ran on 4 Philips coral care gen 2’s. I love the T5 look these lights have. I’m just curious if anybody has any opinions on what to do with lights on the 600. I would like to use the coral cares but I’m looking for something to supplement the foot larger layout of the new tank.
I’ve seen a couple tanks that use kessil a360x as a supplement and that looks really good. I’ve also seen kessil a9x used too. Someone told me to get gen 5 radion xr15’s and put 3 or 4 on each side of the coral care’s. I was also looking at some LED strips. I was going to add reef brites to my 400 when it was up and running but never got around to it. Let me know if anybody has any suggestions on what would look the best. This tank is in the wall so nobody sees anything but the front.
Thanks

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The kessils would add some shimmer which I think would look nice.

Btw have you looked at the ATI straton? You might find those interesting too if you like the phillips light.

OP
OP
P

patask08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats exactly what I was thinking with the kessils. A little shimmer. I actually looked into the ati Straton but when I set up my 400 a little over a year ago, you couldn’t find them anywhere so I went with the coral cares. I do like the coral cares but I just wish there was a little more pop at certain times. That’s why I’m looking to add something to add with the coral cares

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats exactly what I was thinking with the kessils. A little shimmer. I actually looked into the ati Straton but when I set up my 400 a little over a year ago, you couldn’t find them anywhere so I went with the coral cares. I do like the coral cares but I just wish there was a little more pop at certain times. That’s why I’m looking to add something to add with the coral cares

Yeah the Kessil would definitely help with adding some shimmer. If you don't go with the kessils, then the lumi lite pro actinic or the xho actinics would work.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back