OP
R

Randy

Zoa Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so no one wants a polyp!Just think what it will do for your 6gal nano cube it will now be worth $1200 now.

gooch

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes Gooch you have seen them in person and will be recieving a frag of it...

I thought so. It does POP out at you. I have seen a lot of zoanthids and paly's. This color is kinda unique. Trust me, if the very well known store that was growing them out released them people would be scrambling to get them. When I got to see them I was told I could not reveal where they came from or how much they cost.

Remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And the owner of deep pockets.

gooch

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it...If anyone has a frag I can trade yah a nice size Purple monster :D

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I mean i like it, but I dont want to marry it!!! LOL!

chads29

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If someone is willing to give me a $1000 I am more than willing to share it. Do you want the first frag outside of the couple that have it all ready?

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
chads29, bro. come to the light. share that frag with us! fight the dark urges and bring down the price! >.<

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can get a frag of that for $25 of the person over on site not named has any more.....I will work on that.....It can tell you it is the same polyp as well...

Last edited:

chads29

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nope.. personally I think it looks just like an armageddon.

I just thought it was kind of silly to list something for sale for such an insane price and your reasoning is that so you don't have to share. Kind of like a "look what I have but you can't have it" kind of thing. I can see if it was like a joke when I put the hasslepally frag on ebay for $2000, but I guess I don't see any humor in this one.

But whatever makes you feel good man. :)

What are you kidding me... This thing is by far less common than the PPE which is worth $40 a polyp hense the fact of the $1000 a polyp. Prices are based off other corals so yes I would say that seeing as this morph is not common I can and will charge what I feel is a fair price.

impur

GO DUCKS!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You really feel that charging more for 1 polyp than anyone has ever charged before is fair?

Thats warped.

Abq Custom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey chads,
I think what your doing(charging a REEEdiculous price) goes against everything that THIS community is trying to do.

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey now let's don't get personal... ;)

I love discussions like this, and we can disagree, but let's don't get personal please.

Thanks.

matasw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing like trying to rip off other hobbyists rather than help them.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK guy's let make sure we keep this a civil discussion, I know we all have opinions on these types of matters. But civility will be the only way we keep this open......Thanks..

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good point James...

Chads, is the price based upon its 'rarity' or its growth rate? PPEs and Orange Envies are only expensive due to their slow growth rate. Even with that said, PPEs in the hands of people that cares about the community has brought down the price of PPEs significantly within the past few years. If your KO's have similiar growth rate of other zoas out there, I don't see the point of charging so much. If you are looking to get cash out of it, you might get more sales at a lower price with higher number of consumers, instead of picking up one or two foolish hobbyists who might make the mistake of spending a grand on a soft coral. Even if you are looking to get the so called 'zoa fame,' wouldn't you want to be known as the dude who was cool enough to spread around a cool morph like many of the members here? or that other dude who charges over half a grand for a polyp. Do the right thing mang, :D

chads29

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good point James...

Chads, is the price based upon its 'rarity' or its growth rate? PPEs and Orange Envies are only expensive due to their slow growth rate. Even with that said, PPEs in the hands of people that cares about the community has brought down the price of PPEs significantly within the past few years. If your KO's have similiar growth rate of other zoas out there, I don't see the point of charging so much. If you are looking to get cash out of it, you might get more sales at a lower price with higher number of consumers, instead of picking up one or two foolish hobbyists who might make the mistake of spending a grand on a soft coral. Even if you are looking to get the so called 'zoa fame,' wouldn't you want to be known as the dude who was cool enough to spread around a cool morph like many of the members here? or that other dude who charges over half a grand for a polyp. Do the right thing mang, :D

The price is based on it's rarity and slow growth rate.

I am fortunate enough to have a frag of this coral as well as a couple of my friends.

That being said I am not selling it to make money off this coral because if that was the case I am in the wrong hobby. BTW any money generated from the sale of this coral will be going back to the source of this coral which will remain anonymous until they are ready to sell this coral.

No I don't think selling this coral for less money and undercutting the online vendors is good for business which is why the price is set where it is. When and if they are ever ready to release it they will then set the price to what they feel is fair and will get what ever they want for it. Right now I only know of 3 people who have this color but someone else may have it and that is cool.

The other "dude" as you call him that sells corals for half a grand is a friend of mine BTW and has every right to charge what he does for the coral. If you feel that $40 a polyp for a common PPE is fair then cool; but to me that seems high for a coral that is so common. If you want to see the prices drop on corals, take the more common "rare" morphs and lower the prices otherwise you will continue to see prices increase on these corals in the future. It is the hobbyist that truely sets the price for any coral either a new morph or a common morph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 55 39.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 16 11.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 39 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back