Status
Not open for further replies.

colinadam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Note to Colin:

Take the half hour trip to ninja Chads tank and leave with soggy pockets :)

Hey Chad, got any pictures of your polyp(s)?

colinadam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, those are as sharp as the others pictured.

How's that "favia"?

This weekend is packed but hoping to make it to OF for their sale.

chads29

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OF?

The favia is doing good thanks. How is the acan i hooked you up with?

I am heading to Chicago Sunday... I wanted to go tomorrow but I have to work.

Mr.Firemouth

FIREMOUTH WIZARD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$1K per polyp? Absolutely go for it!!!! That is what being an American is all about! Capitolism at it's finest!

Just like classic muscle cars I can no longer afford to buy and restore/sell. Junk cars cost $20k, nice cars $60K and up! What is any of these items really worth? Only what some one will pay for it!

Why do people pay $2mil for a one of Cuda Hemi Convertible when you can clone one for $70K that looks exactly the same? Get it? The answer is because they can so they do. Same here!

I gaurantee you someone has payed $600 for an Orange Envy. If you post that thing for $1K long enough someone will probably buy it! That is just the way it is. God Bless America!!!

That's my .02$...I say E-bay!

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don't look like anything special to me. They are an armageddon morph. $40 a polyp tops IMO.

chads29

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not seen anyone post a picture of the "armageddon" morph that looked just like it so far... lets see this so called orange colored armageddon. These are not armageddons.

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe i should charge that for mine also :hammer:

maybe start a new trend

can i ask how many polyps you have and how fast do they grow?

chads29

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can charge what ever you would like...

These have a much different color than armageddons. This should be pretty obvious by the fact that as soon as Gooch seen the picture he recongized them right of the way. He did not see them in my tank but a friend of mines tank. They are truely the nicest colored orange zoanthids I have seen.

Mr.Firemouth

FIREMOUTH WIZARD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK Chad,
I didn't do anything but correct the fading/contrast/noise in your pic. Here it is and I could not see any color change in the pic so these are the color they look like. They are orange.

KOs.jpg

Alot of red color will turn orange if they are over illuminated. Have these ever changed in color? You know, from tank to tank?

Mr.Firemouth

FIREMOUTH WIZARD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't trust the pic from Ultimate Frags. It looks heavily PS with red.

I just cleaned their pic w/my CS2 and here is what it looks like...

UltimateArms.jpg

I can remove the color enhancements to show more realistic colors of the pic.

Last edited:

chads29

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fact that my picture was not altered at all is a statement in itself! in your little experiment you can't even make out the sand in the picture... I do not believe that you should have to photoshop a nice coral like that to change what it truely looks like as I have stated before. The price is set and $1000 take it or leave it but that is what it is!

Chad

chads29

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the 4 tanks I have seen them in under different lighting systems they have retained this orange color. No color change at all.

Mr.Firemouth

FIREMOUTH WIZARD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also saw in the pics on the last page that yours have orange centers while Armeggedons have dark centers. They are not the same.

weimers75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whether they're the same or not, $1000 is till rediculous. Whether rare or not, $1000 is still rediculous. But, like someone said, some fool will probably buy it and then I'm sure the seller will make back all of his money and then some for 1 polyp...if not and the seller spent more than that for one, then that is even worse.

However, by the seller's justification, the fact that only 4 or 5 people have them in their tanks doesn't justify the price. I'm sure there's stuff in alot of people's tanks that you can only find in a few places because of all the morphs, but that doesn't mean that we can charge whatever we want for them. If you look at the Shiznits which are nearly impossible to find and according to one online vendor were thought to be gone in the hobby, they sell for much less than that for 5 polyps, and imo are way more attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 54 39.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 16 11.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 38 27.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back