6055 Pump Stopped Working

  • Thread starter Thread starter crs751
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

crs751

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 12, 2015
Messages
663
Reaction score
104
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have (4) Tunze 6055's in my 75G tank. I suspected one of them wasn't working and today when I was cleaning them I confirmed that to be true. Is it reasonable to assume that the impeller needs to be replaced or is there something else that could be causing the pump not to work?
 
How old are they? Typically if it is the impeller it won't be lifeless. Does the controller light up? I would try one of the other impellers.
 
The controller does light up. I'll put an impeller from one of the other pumps to see if it works. If it doesn't then I am looking at another pump?
 
They do have a 5 year warranty, if it is older than that you can buy just the motor block, it is about half the cost. Make sure the metal shaft the impeller spins on is fixed in the motor, this is critical, the drive unit will just stick to the side of the motor and do nothing if it is not isolated in the middle of the pump and able to spin freely in the shaft.
 
Thanks Roger. I believe I replaced a motor on one of the other pumps. I believe you take the controller apart to remove the old cable and install the cable from the new motor base. Please advise if my memory is correct. Thanks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new