60g cube fish recommendations

Mr. GoodStuff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some recommendations on reef safe fish for a 60g cube aquarium. I would like to introduce some new fish but looking for fish that'll actually be out and about and not just perch on the rock or hide, etc all day but also not cause me issues. Currently have:

red firefish
purple firefish
2 clownfish
bicolor blenny

I have a 40-ish gallon sump, uv light, sro2000 skimmer, carbon reactor and a ton of bio media so filtration and water volume isn't really an issue and I plan on plumbing in a 50g frag tank and filter roller.

I had a melanurus wrasse in the past and he wiped out my foxface, royal gramma, anthias, and firefish so I don't think I plan on adding another wrasse, maybe a yellow coris wrasse since they are supposed to be very peaceful but won't be for a little while.

Thomas Jedlicka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
melanurus wrasse aren't necesarrily reef safe. Wrasse can be really tricky because some work great and some are complete nightmares. Im sure there are a ton of threads you can view based on adding wrasse but I wont provide any suggestions because they are not my area of expertise.

Something that I think could be cool would be a pearly jawfish. They aren't too hard to find and aren't to hard on the wallet :) Some other fish I like are cleaner wrasse or starry blenny maybe instead of bicolor (I would be cautious to put more than one blenny in a tank that size they can be pretty territorial). I like small puffers they tend to do okay in reef tanks. Like a neon puffer or a valentini puffer. Puffers tend to be pretty personable. I would also look into a dwarf angels, anthias, maybe a yellow watchman goby and pistol shrimp pairings. Those are just a couple ideas off of the top of my head but I think you have the room to do some pretty cool things.

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 basslets and they all behave how you describe with varying degrees of shyness, and I do love each of them, def recommend them as a group

Back