6105 Eco and apex Classic

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nomadic1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nomadic1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 19, 2006
Messages
273
Reaction score
53
Location
SELA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Roger,

One of my old Streams finally died (15 years in service!) and I replaced it with a 6105 Eco. I want to control it with my Apex classic, but, it seems that the pump won't turn on when I plug the apex to stream cable into the external control port. Every once in a while, I might see a "twitch" of the propeller, but for the most part it is motionless. It works fine when not in external controller mode. Any suggestions?
 
I am not sure if or how to do this but this is because the control voltage changed from 0-8V to 0-6.5 when the controller was added. You need to adjust the control voltage, typically if you run using the old control parameters the pump won't run at anything below 50% and the speeds will generally be off, the range is a lot tighter so most of the range on your controller will be off or 100%. I believe you need to be between 3.2 and 6.5V operating range.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 30.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new