65 Gallon Reef Build - Overboard

incloud design

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I've just come back into the hobby and I'm putting together a build using what i learned and mistakes I've made in the past with hopes on a more automated system for maintenance. Just wanted to keep track of my moves here and see what you guys think and possibly get some suggestions where I may have missed something along the way. So far I'm about three months in and have some small fish, an RBTA, and Goniopora, plus a couple small frags. Everything is happy and I'm set up for dosing but don't find it necessary at this point. I am dosing 600ml of Kalk a day to maintain CA, DKH, and PH levels. Probably don't need to but everyone seems happy. I've got some pics and a video of what I have set up so far. Any tips and suggestions are welcomed and appreciated, Thanks!

Cleaning up the tank and stand after 2 years of sitting there. Circulating water.
20180304_112429.jpg

Moved sump to basement and expanded a bit of water, lol.

20180329_203753_HDR.jpg

So far my livestock and aquascape are doing well. Sorry about image quality they don't stay still enough to get a good pic.
20180304_112429.jpg
20180329_203753_HDR.jpg
20180415_162125_HDR.jpg

Having trouble laying the images out right...

OP
OP
incloud design

incloud design

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just worried about the sediment from above. It's an old house and every move from the floor above lets loose dust and such fall. It's not too bad though and as stated my plan is to cover the actual sump. i'm working today on getting lighting for the sump itself to induce algae in hopes to control the display better. Thanks for your response!

zcedric

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, don't worrie. We see your posting, your tread is being read.
Keep updating and more people will start reading ;)

Looking good. That's a huge water resevoir. uiui
Have anything in there?

OP
OP
incloud design

incloud design

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, don't worrie. We see your posting, your tread is being read.
Keep updating and more people will start reading ;)

Looking good. That's a huge water resevoir. uiui
Have anything in there?

As of now there is just an arrow crab I bought and then got the jitters about putting him in the display and eating my other CUC. I'm configuring some lighting for the sump today to induce algae growth and limit growth in the display. When there is more rock in there and algae blooms I'll add specific livestock for management.

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are likely going to catch some flack for a yellow and purple tang both in a 65 gallon tank, but aside from that your anemone and goni are looking very nice for a 9 month old tank!

OP
OP
incloud design

incloud design

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I'm sure but they are small and will be in a 150 way before they grow anywhere near too big. They are getting along great and seem at peace in my tank so far. I got them together and the guy I bought them from had them in a separate 120 frag tank together for a few months. Being the same size and having been together for some time without issue I took the chance. Couldn't pass on the Purple for $85 and both for $125. LFS near me is asking $269.95 for Purple alone. The RBTA and Goniopora are from the same reefer and came out of his display that's been up for 14 years. Nice find if you ask me and a very knowledgeable, friendly guy. Thanks for your reply!

zcedric

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a link to when I first got the system running. I'll update it soon!

I missed that video. Good input!

I love these pumps I am gonna have two of them on my setup. One for chiller&reactors and one is gonna be the return pump.
And yes. I never get the heaters to hold as well. Haha

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back