65 Gallon Return Pump (Small Compartment) Need Help!!

Clawfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently running a 65 gallon mixed reef tank and need a larger volume return pump. Currently running Vivosun 800GPH as it was free and brand new, and most of all, it fit....
I have the Bashsea BioFuge Sump and the return compartment is only 5" x 5". I have a little wiggle room as the noodles for the bubble trap are in the compartment next to it and I can trim a little off the bottom if necessary.

I am sure someone else has this sump and is in need of a stronger pump, but I searched the whole world and nothing!

So, what is everyone choice for the strongest compact pump out there?? I have about 4.5' of upwards travel with no elbows or T's

Thanks!!!!

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try the Sicce SDC 3.0, but it would have to be without the strainer on the inlet. FYI, the BRS measurements on their website are not correct. I believe the ones in the link below are correct, but it will be a tight fit.

OP
OP
Clawfish

Clawfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try the Sicce SDC 3.0, but it would have to be without the strainer on the inlet. FYI, the BRS measurements on their website are not correct. I believe the ones in the link below are correct, but it will be a tight fit.

I think it will fit, but do you think it will have enough head pressure at 4.5 feet?

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it will fit, but do you think it will have enough head pressure at 4.5 feet?
I guess it depends how much flow you want. I'm running it on a 60ish gallon and have about 4' that includes two 45 degree elbows. I am running it on 85% for my tank. I'm also running an Ice cap 2k gyre and a Nero 5, at 45% and 35% respectively, and there is oodles of flow in the tank.

You can see a chart here: https://www.sicce.com/en/products/multifunction-pumps/syncra-sdc.html

OP
OP
Clawfish

Clawfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will check it out thank you!
Good luck! I had originally bought the SDC 6.0 and man, I could barely fit that in my sump and decided it would annoy me every time I had to clean the pump. This one, since I have the strainer on it, also barely fits. I should have gone with the bigger sump! I do really like the pump so far. It's only been up for just under 3 weeks.

OP
OP
Clawfish

Clawfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck! I had originally bought the SDC 6.0 and man, I could barely fit that in my sump and decided it would annoy me every time I had to clean the pump. This one, since I have the strainer on it, also barely fits. I should have gone with the bigger sump! I do really like the pump so far. It's only been up for just under 3 weeks.
Thanks! Do you run your wavemakers one on each side?

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Do you run your wavemakers one on each side?
They're both on the back wall, on opposite ends. I had to adjust them down because I didn't have any sand left in my front corners LOL. I'm still trying to find a decent spot for my hammer, but all my other corals (mostly LPS and softies) love it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 32 56.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 8.8%
Back