7028/3 fast switching

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

acabgd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have an older Temp controller 7028/3 which is still working fine. My only issue is that sometimes it starts switching the temperature quickly between let's say 77/78/79 (actually any number like 77.8/78.4/79.1) and the cooling fans get the short impulse to start when the temp goes above 79, then switch off immediately, then switch on again in a second...

I've noticed there is some kind of electrical interference in my power plug as for hours and sometimes days the controller would be stable. Then something electrical that switches on throws it off. I have so much stuff I have no idea what that might be - some other controller, pump or something. Once I unplug the power and plug it in again the switching stops immediately and all is fine until next time.

Any idea what that might be and short of using another outlet (which might mean pulling a long cable out of somewhere else in the house) is there any way to avoid this?

I've had this controller for almost 10 years and I must say the temp probe is of highest quality. I double-check it from time to time with other thermometers and it's always spot on (and can be calibrated).

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen this before, it can happen by an overload from a bad fan, it can also be corrosion at the port the switched socket plugs into. They can be affected by fluctuating power and often it is solved by making sure the fan is good and trying a basic surge suppressor strip between the fan and switched outlet.

OP
OP
acabgd

acabgd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh okay so it might actually be the fan that is causing the issue. Didn't really think of that. Thanks!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back