OP
S

shandy_say

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just took an updated pic last weekend after changing some of the optics of my Ai. Pic was taken during the peak of my light schedule.

IMG_0783.jpg

As of last testing yesterday po4 went up again to 0.21ppm which is supposedly called the "ugly stage" of dosing biomate. Water seems to be much clearer though and my sps have started to color up a bit. Now all i can do is wait it out and hope for the best.

Thanks again for viewing!

OP
OP
S

shandy_say

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9/22/2011 Update

My AT got ich so i finally decided to take out all the fishes and put them in a quarantine tank. Took about 3 days to catch all the fishes mainly because of the 2 bluestripe pipefish which were a PITA to catch given that they're so small. So now tank will remain fallow for the next 6 weeks to rid the tank of ich once and for all. 1 of my acros was also damaged while i was catching all the fishes but thats pretty much it. Tank scape is a little bit different now since i had to move the corals and rocks a bit to catch all the fishes. Note that not all fishes will be returned to the main tank. Im thinking of changing my fish lineup for the main. Other fishes will go to my fowlr instead.

On the bright side of things, po4 has gone down to 0.18ppm (hanna ulr po4 checker). Been dosing zeovit biomate and it took a while to see any changes however now everything has been looking much better.
I also added 100ml of rowaphos in a mesh bag in the sump to help bring down the po4 further. Now its the waiting game again....6 weeks waiting period starts today....

OP
OP
S

shandy_say

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its been a while since i updated my thread so here goes...

Added some new sps so far they have retained their colors. Some have actually started to encrust on to the LR already. So far so good...Just waiting for December so I can move back my fishes to the main tank.

Blue/green acro
DSC02076.jpg

Blue tipped acro
DSC02087.jpg

Monti Collection
DSC02098.jpg

White Acro
DSC02094.jpg

Neon green Humilis (from ryan)
DSC02121.jpg

Bicolor Rose Millepora
DSC02134.jpg

Blue Tipped Stag
DSC02139.jpg

and ofcourse...FTS
DSC02164.jpg

Thanks for viewing! Feel free to give your comments. :)

OP
OP
S

shandy_say

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its been a while since i updated my thread here so decided to take some new pics last night. Finally was able to get the correct white balance of my camera.

White Palys
DSC02627.jpg

Purple Acropora Frag
DSC02621.jpg

Blue Sympodium
DSC02608.jpg

Purple and Chili Pepper Montipora Capricornis
DSC02605.jpg

Ora Blue Iris
DSC02590.jpg

Banggai Cardinal
DSC02598.jpg

Red Acropora Spp.
DSC02596.jpg

Achilles Tang and Misbarred Black Onyx
DSC02586.jpg

FTS
DSC02662.jpg

Thanks for viewing! :D

KoleTang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, I love it when the corals are all packed in there like a REAL reef.

It will be exciting when everything turns into big mature colonies!

OP
OP
S

shandy_say

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks FishSticks05 and KoleTang. Cant wait for them to grow. For some reason the monti caps are growing like weeds. So much faster than any of my softies or acros.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The tank has grown beautifully!

OP
OP
S

shandy_say

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Rebhtree. Appreciate the compliment. Still hoping they grow all the way to the water surface. :)

OP
OP
S

shandy_say

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks barbH. Having a bit of a prob now with Aiptasia. But nothing too serious. Will have to zap them with kalk again tonight. Wish me luck! :)

fbodykiller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is definitely beautiful... Any pics of sump?curious as you have the same measurements I am currently building. Looking for idea's. Thanks in advance

OP
OP
S

shandy_say

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill take a pic tonight and post it later. I dont really take pics of my equipments since its actually pretty basic. Sump is divided into 3 chambers. 1 chamber for the skimmer, 1 chamber for the return pump and biopellet reactor and the 3rd chamber is the fresh water reservoir for the automatic topoff. I used to have a dsb fuge, cheato and a lot of LR in the 1st chamber with the skimmer but it was causing more problems for me than solutions. So late 2010 i decided to take it out because it was accumulating so much detritus and i switched nutrient export methods to a hybrid zeo-biopellet system. Tank has been running on that system for more than a year already and so far its produced great results for me.

OP
OP
S

shandy_say

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres the pic of my systems internal organs. Sorry for the delay been kinda busy these past few days!

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 80 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.0%
Back