OP
S

shandy_say

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Liverock 27 - Here's the sketch of the tank when we did the hanging hood for the Ai's. Was originally planning to add t5's but later on decided against it when i saw the Ai's were more than enough light for my tank. Nonetheless, i can always add t5s in case i want to add other colored bulbs such as purple and red t5's in the future. Or maybe another pair of Ai's....hmmmm....hehe! :)

009.jpg

OP
OP
S

shandy_say

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4/18/2011 Update

This is what my tank looks like now. Not really much space left to put anything else. So now its just pretty much just maintenance.

IMG_0559.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

Thanks for viewing! :)

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet looking tank - i love how clean it looks all around and your corals look great!! That Ai Sol light stand looks amazing btw.

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, I LOVE cubes. Your tank and aquascape is very impressive.

Completely off topic here. What is the head on the other side of the tank? Looks like some crazy sculpture.

OP
OP
S

shandy_say

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet looking tank - i love how clean it looks all around and your corals look great!! That Ai Sol light stand looks amazing btw.

Thanks! :) The Ai's are in itself a great lighting system. I just had the panels custom made to match the tank and also so i can mount the controller.

Great cube! Being in the phillipines do you collect any of the animals yourself? That would be sweet!

Some of my LS were actually given to me by some diver friends who collected them from the wild. I myself have only been able to collect mangroves but those are in another tank i have. :D

I love cubes!!!

Me too! hehe!

Man, I LOVE cubes. Your tank and aquascape is very impressive.

Completely off topic here. What is the head on the other side of the tank? Looks like some crazy sculpture.

Thanks! The sculpture on the side was actually made by a local artist. Its made from various junk items ranging from mannequins to even car parts.

Wow!!! Gorgeous cube!! Maybe what I may try next for my little apartment.

Go for it! :)

Awesome!!!! I can't wait to get mine up....

Whats size are you planning to build? Do you have a build thread?

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! :) The Ai's are in itself a great lighting system. I just had the panels custom made to match the tank and also so i can mount the controller.

Some of my LS were actually given to me by some diver friends who collected them from the wild. I myself have only been able to collect mangroves but those are in another tank i have. :D

Me too! hehe!

Thanks! The sculpture on the side was actually made by a local artist. Its made from various junk items ranging from mannequins to even car parts.

Go for it! :)

Whats size are you planning to build? Do you have a build thread?

So the panels where custom made?? I thought it was something AI had as an option with the light...nicely done!

OP
OP
S

shandy_say

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. The panels were custom made. The ai's only came with the light rails which actually were too short for the tank.

OP
OP
S

shandy_say

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its been a while since i updated this thread so here are some new pics.

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

Ive actually started dosing some zeovit supplements and zeovit coral food to aid the coloration of my sps. However i still plan to use biopellets in tandem with the zeovit. I do hope that one day my sticks will color up more. Just started with the zeovit dosing about a week ago. Keeping my fingers crossed! :)

boselybulldog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
almost looks like a dark orange shoulder. The achilles spot will get much bigger as he adjusts and grows in the tank. At least it did in my tank.

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW looking great, keep up the good work!

Its been a while since i updated this thread so here are some new pics.

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

Ive actually started dosing some zeovit supplements and zeovit coral food to aid the coloration of my sps. However i still plan to use biopellets in tandem with the zeovit. I do hope that one day my sticks will color up more. Just started with the zeovit dosing about a week ago. Keeping my fingers crossed! :)

OP
OP
S

shandy_say

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks thanks! The AT just doesnt like to get his picture taken! heheh!

Just got my hanna ulr checker over the weekend and i need to bring it down further. Currently its at 0.26. My zeovit biomate also just arrived and will start dosing that to bring down the po4. I just wonder if i can dose zeovit biomate and also add rowaphos in a mesh bag to bring my po4 down. Any ideas?

OP
OP
S

shandy_say

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks troylee and reeferdave! Im actually still concerned about my po4 cause based on my latest testing after dosing Zeovit Biomate, po4 has gone down from 0.26ppm to 0.18ppm. Still continuing to dose biomate everyday for the next 2 weeks and hopefully by then my po4 will hit 0.03ppm already. Still need to lighten the colors of my SPS and ive been exploring how zeovit can help improve the colors of my sps. I guess you could say my tank is a hybrid biopellet + zeovit system. Still hoping it works.

Tank was actually custom made for me by my good friend Marlon of Design&Reef. He's actually the best local tank maker here in the P.I. IMO. Told him my ideas and he helped me conceptualize and build everything from the tank, stand, cab, floating hood etc. I think he has a thread here also. He also has a cube tank. I think his name here is dnr and his thread is entitled cube tank 3.0.

Last edited:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 77 79.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.2%
Back