OP
L

Ledreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad for me today I lost mine 2 yrs old clownfish [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]
7f326e331fc79c2e12877e5de974d0d5.jpg
great friend. Rip anguias

Vanmo92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a 72g bow, and I'm struggling to figure out the best pump placement for optimal flow. I see you have vortech's and gyre's which is also what I have, 2 vortechs and 1 gyre 130. Since my tank has started filling in Im having a difficult time getting enough flow to everything, but you're density of corals is far greater than mine and seems quite successful with the same pumps.
I originally had 2 vortech mp40s 1 on either side, and now have a vortech on the left and the gyre on the right. Seems like the gyre 150 would have been better but I looked at the measurements of the pump and only the smaller one will fit along the side. I saw in one of your pics that you had a gyre and vortech on the same side and I'm thinking about doing the same with my extra mp40, except on the right side. Is that still how you have it set up and hows it working?
As of now I have my vortech in reefcrest mode and the gyre in alternation mode, 100% alternating every 2 min. There is a decent amount of flow but I still have a lot of detritus accumulation and the polyps on my corals aren't whipping around as much as I have seen in other reefs.
I could just be over thinking it and my flow is fine, and obviously there are a ton of other factors that contribute to coral health, but lately my attention has been on flow. I know every system is different, and my coral placement could be most of the problem. Maybe I'm just over estimating the amount of flow needed.
What mode and % do you have you have your vortech's and gyre's set on? Do you feel there is enough flow in you're system? Looking at it I would guess the answer is yes. What are your thoughts about flow given the bow front shape and the challenge of getting around the; IMO awkwardly placed overflow box in this tank? Thanks! Beautiful tank, and a real inspiration for me!

dewboy1127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better grow and color
I started with t5 and switched to radions when got money ...now couple yr later im contemplating putting the t5s back on or at least supplementing with one or two...i also have this 72 gal bowfront lookin to switch to reg 75 i have sitting now

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back