72 gallon bowfront Which GYRE?

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to run this tank clean looking, so want to have 1 gyre. What Gyre should i get for this build? I have an Ice cap 3k downstairs that came off my 90, thats in the 220 now.. so thats the only one ive ever used.

Bryknicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two 230's on my 65 gallon. It really all depends on what corals you plan on keeping and how you would set it up. I run a mixed reef so two are necessary for my tank to keep the corals happy with the flow patterns. I ran one on the back wall originally and even close to full power I felt like it wasn't helping much. I added a second and put them on the sides of the tank facing one another with random flow patterns and my corals are much happier.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two 230's on my 65 gallon. It really all depends on what corals you plan on keeping and how you would set it up. I run a mixed reef so two are necessary for my tank to keep the corals happy with the flow patterns. I ran one on the back wall originally and even close to full power I felt like it wasn't helping much. I added a second and put them on the sides of the tank facing one another with random flow patterns and my corals are much happier.
LPS, clams, and choice SPS. Nothing to crazy, i didnt want to do 2 if i could help it, as id like to have a clear look down the side of the tank from my couch.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back