• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

$72 shipping…really?

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

lynn.reef.nerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Depends on how much you order and what size box they use (weight, etc.). I small box even 7x7x7 from east cost to west coast is already $50.

Not to even account for heat/cold pack and the cost of the box.

David_CO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was checking out and it said 92 dollars last november, one permutation of my shopping cart showed $196. they have crazy high shipping. I always make sure i exceed the free shipping quota when I order from them.

OP
OP
Cherie cook

Cherie cook

Cherbear
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was checking out and it said 92 dollars last november, one permutation of my shopping cart showed $196. they have crazy high shipping. I always make sure i exceed the free shipping quota when I order from them.
Actually, I just looked thanks to your reply and I don’t see that they offer free shipping at any level.

OP
OP
Cherie cook

Cherie cook

Cherbear
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on how much you order and what size box they use (weight, etc.). I small box even 7x7x7 from east cost to west coast is already $50.

Not to even account for heat/cold pack and the cost of the box.
I’ve never seen over nite shipping at greater than $50…no matter box size, etc. Are you saying you have?

lynn.reef.nerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I’ve never seen over nite shipping at greater than $50…no matter box size, etc. Are you saying you have?
Most vendor you buy from eat the cost of the shipping if it ends up being higher and charge the customer a set price. The shipping cost for them could be much greater.

OP
OP
Cherie cook

Cherie cook

Cherbear
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m concerned that soon shipping will be a non viable option for most people. There is no way I’d pay $100 for shipping..I simply couldn’t afford it.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DE3B19C0-0E48-46FE-B043-B0B67FEE5EE5.gif

PhishMonger84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
paid way more than that for coast to coast- got a 10" ray from stingray biology when they were still in CA to MA, was 160 shipped overnight.
Airport to airport via southwest cargo is usually around $65. think of how much water weighs. i ordered a fish from biota on behalf of poma and this 1" fish was in 1.5 gallons of water but it was fat, happy and eating out of the bag.

typically online vendors are slighter cheaper per animal than and LFS because the LFS is aggragating the cost of shipment and loses across the entire order.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.5%
Back