73G SPS Stocking Ideas

OsiViper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting a new tank after being out of the hobby for 5+ years. Ended up with the Red Sea Reefer 350, which is a 73g display and 18g sump. The tank will be almost entirely SPS with a few LPS/Softies in the lower light areas.

So far I want to get:
Pair of Black Ice clownfish
Yellow Watchman Goby with Pistol Shrimp
Diamond Watchman Goby
I'd like some fish that are active and swimming around a lot like the tangs to add movement to the tank. I was looking at maybe a Kole Tang, but the tank might be right at the size limit for it when it gets full grown. And with SPS, I definitely want something that is safe with that, as well as something that won't pick on the Gobies.

Was curious if anyone had any recommendations that would fit my scenario? I have a rather large skimmer that can take a decent bioload.

Pbh-reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kole and tomini tangs are some of the few that may work, you could consider scopas and yellow as well.
It is borderline tank size, add whatever tang you get last

wrasses and anthias come to mind as active fish you could consider, igniatus is often suggested forfolks new to anthias, there are so many wrasses go pick from, take alook at some of the stickied articles on wrasses in the fish forum

fang blennies and more peaceful damsels like azures andtheir cousins are also good choices

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back