75 gallon fresh water turtle tank LEAKING

TurtleMom91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 gallon tank for my 1 Red Eared Slider and 1 Yellow Belly Slider turtles. I've had this tank for about 5 years now and never had issues with it. This morning I woke up to see that the tank had lost over 3 inches of water and had been leaking all over the stand and onto the floor for what I'm guessing has been all night (it showed no signs of leaking before going to bed). It doesn't appear to have any cracks or breaks in the glass, but I'm noticing what looks like the sealant has been ripped off the bottom corner from my turtles. What can I use to fix that so I'm not having to buy a new tank.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 gallon tank for my 1 Red Eared Slider and 1 Yellow Belly Slider turtles. I've had this tank for about 5 years now and never had issues with it. This morning I woke up to see that the tank had lost over 3 inches of water and had been leaking all over the stand and onto the floor for what I'm guessing has been all night (it showed no signs of leaking before going to bed). It doesn't appear to have any cracks or breaks in the glass, but I'm noticing what looks like the sealant has been ripped off the bottom corner from my turtles. What can I use to fix that so I'm not having to buy a new tank.
Silicone. Google is your friend here. Google "aquarium seam repair".

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're going to have to take the whole thing apart. Clean the silicone off and reseal it. Even the stuff between the glass now. You can't silicone over silicone.

RocketEngineer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re going to find it easier to replace the tank than trying to fix it. Look online for used tanks and there are plenty. In fact I’ve been trying to get rid of two 75g tanks for almost two years with no takers. JMO

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back