75 gallon gig tank

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's what 9 months of PC lighting does to a gig.

If you like green, keep the lights dim.

Ohh nice! Im going PC! j/k,,, my coral can't handle that, but gezz...that's a stunning green.

So Taylor, what do you contribute to the long term success and stability of all your gigantea?

Say for a newbie...what would you tell them to do in order to be successful like yourself?

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jared, I just thought of this. Look up reef1589 ... I have robbie's old green gig. Look though his threads. Look at how green his was. I've had his green for a couple years now. Same color as my other green, just a different tank. He had it and it was a dark green. Now I have it, lime green. I'm just say'in.

Here's Robbie's from a couple days ago.

Look up his threads, it's much darker when he had it.

Here's when I finished medicating it when I first got it. Robbie's nem.

About 2+ years between photo's.

Interesting! Wish I had that nice little green. I just got my tank back up firing on all cylinders...fixing to restock. I have 1 magnifica and another on hold for me. I looked at him today and he's got his mouth wide open. I guess he's not gonna make it at the LFS. I'll have to pick him up and treat him. Was gonna let him acclimate and stabilize, but yeah...

OP
OP
T

Taylor t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohh nice! Im going PC! j/k,,, my coral can't handle that, but gezz...that's a stunning green.

So Taylor, what do you contribute to the long term success and stability of all your gigantea?

Say for a newbie...what would you tell them to do in order to be successful like yourself?
Yup, nice green, I agree. What would I suggest for a newbie? RUN FROM THIS MONEY PIT OF A HOBBIE! j/k There are too many details to say in one sitting. Details matter.

OP
OP
T

Taylor t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm. Thinking about it, I would suggest picking someone who has been successful (longer than a few months) and read as much as you can, multiple sources. I'm not the only one. But here's a catch I've found. Time in the hobby does NOT mean they understand how to do something. Everyone is given a mind of reason to think for themselves, I'd suggest using it.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm. Thinking about it, I would suggest picking someone who has been successful (longer than a few months) and read as much as you can, multiple sources. I'm not the only one. But here's a catch I've found. Time in the hobby does NOT mean they understand how to do something. Everyone is given a mind of reason to think for themselves, I'd suggest using it.

True that..

and THIS IS A MONEY PIT OF A HOBBY. GEZZ....it's never enough!!!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 18 21.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 62 74.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back