75 Gallon Mixed Reef Stocking Ideas

dreshorty4

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 20, 2024
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Location
Chico, California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!! About to upgrade from a 60 cube to a 4ft 75 Gallon, since I prefer the 4ft footprint. I currently have 2 clownfish, 2 bangaii cardinals, a purple firefish, 2 urchins, and a coral banded shrimp. It is a mixed reef tank (feather dusters/euphylia/anemones/softies) With upgrading to the 75 I’d like to know if I would be able to add a marine betta and/or a bristle tooth tang? How many more fish could I add to the system and what would a final stocking list look like?
 
Hey all!! About to upgrade from a 60 cube to a 4ft 75 Gallon, since I prefer the 4ft footprint. I currently have 2 clownfish, 2 bangaii cardinals, a purple firefish, 2 urchins, and a coral banded shrimp. It is a mixed reef tank (feather dusters/euphylia/anemones/softies) With upgrading to the 75 I’d like to know if I would be able to add a marine betta and/or a bristle tooth tang? How many more fish could I add to the system and what would a final stocking list look like?
A bristletooth should be fine. I would forgo the marine beta as it could probably eat your bangais if it is large enough as well as the shrimp.
Depending on the size of the additions I would agree with the above recommendation of 3 although, depending on your goals and nutrient export potentially more.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new