75 gallon rebuild

Cjsanders757

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 75 gallon hasn't done too well due to being a sunny place always fighting algae even when keepin up with water changes.

I'm thinking of getting a reef octopus skimmer maxspect razor a mp10w Es and a sump/refugium.

Looking to do a reef build with various lps zoas/palys.

For livestock I wanna do a tomini tang, foxface, a wrasse or two and maybe a sand sifter. Also wanna do a group of sexy shrimp and porcelain crabs.

Anything else needed?

OP
OP
Cjsanders757

Cjsanders757

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm knocking the sexy shrimp adding a Blenny of some sort and possibly a anthias it two

popeyetim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 75 gallon hasn't done too well due to being a sunny place always fighting algae even when keepin up with water changes.

I'm thinking of getting a reef octopus skimmer maxspect razor a mp10w Es and a sump/refugium.

Looking to do a reef build with various lps zoas/palys.

For livestock I wanna do a tomini tang, foxface, a wrasse or two and maybe a sand sifter. Also wanna do a group of sexy shrimp and porcelain crabs.

Anything else needed?

I don't believe a 75 would be big enough to house all those fish. Tangs need a ton of room and foxfaces get pretty big.

bond300

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why a sump? I always have to ask that question, because I have a 90G and 75G with no sump! Also mine are used ....not drilled. If you have a 2-3" sandbed,good liverock and a good skimmer no sump required. Oh my 75 is indirect sunlight with no algae problem........Are you using RO/DI saltwater? I would get 1 yellow Tang, 2 percula clowns, 1 coral beauty, 4 chromis and 1 lawnmower blenny, 15 snail and 2 coral shrimp. lol That's my 75G

bond300

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yes the Foxface Tang! My Foxface went from 3" to 5" in a yr! I'll have to take him out of my 90G

popeyetim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+43+392&pcatid=392

Don't put a tang in such a tiny tank. Just because they allow you to purchase them doesn't mean you should stuff them in it. Take your time and do your research first as this is one of the many causes that can lead to problems with the fish and or other mates in your tank. People just buy stuff and hope they do good. Tangs need long tanks and a MINIMUM of 100 gallons.

Back