Gyres or MP40's?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JuanGutz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem, coral, fish and equipment spam its welcome here.
Speaking id build thread, i see you haven't linked your build thread to your profile yet, if you do id be happy to check it out!

I happened to notice mine was missing this morning and took care of that :) had to research how to do it but it was nice and easy.

OP
OP
MrWheelock

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been awhile since I updated:
GEO calcium reactor showed up :D
Tomorrow my real reef tonga rock will be there along with a few things from BRS that I ordered.
Neptune AFS, Hannah Checkers (Alk, CA, Phos), some vibrant, new heaters, and some plumbing parts.
My Synergy Sump/ ATO should be there saturday!
I really cant wait to get home and get things fixed up. The carribsea tonga rock has been in the brute for a month already and the real reef will go in tomorrow so over all it will have about 80 to 90 days in the brute before I do a WC on it and check params them start the rescape.

OP
OP
MrWheelock

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My current usa ic orbit marine pro lights have finally kicked the bucket! I can't say I'm surprised, but I wish they would have lasted until I came home. Wife was kind enough to send me a video.

Had these lights for about 3 years. I run the whites at 100% blues at 85% red and green at like 10% each.

Now just to figure out what to do for 2 months until I come home :(

Canopy doesnt sit high enough for me to run the kessils (A360) and the Aquatic Life hybrid yet without making it taller.

But I could maybe have her set the Ap700 on top of the other rails as a temp until I get home.

:(

OP
OP
MrWheelock

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up 3 800ml Voss water bottles to do DIY dosing containers. The ones in the states are typically plastic. Leave it to Iraq to have the glass ones I needed. :rolleyes: I hope they make it home in one piece!

OP
OP
MrWheelock

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little update, got the wife dosing two part for me! Wohooo!
Picked up a Deltec 1000ix from Adam @Battlecorals! Super excited for this and so is my wife honestly, she is tired of tuning, and cleaning the skimmer every few days just to avoid an overflow from the finicky RO 110int...
She also put my Kessil A360 lights over the tank on goosenecks temporarily until I get home and get the canopy set up.

Temp probe on the apex took a pooooo so I got another one of those on the way.
Screenshot_20191114-185938_Apex Fusion.jpg

Thats all for now, will come back later and give updates as they come.

OP
OP
MrWheelock

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
General stuff update, pretty much everything is oredered or delivered except new powerheads. Still going back and forth between the mp40s and the gyres.
Still figuring out the canopy, might have to hope my wife gets me a table saw for Christmas. :) pretty sure she will since the hunny do list has a few projects on it.
Anyway heres a few pictures she sent me of some sponges, a feather duster thats been growing pretty fast and my finger leather.

IMG-20191117-WA0019.jpg IMG-20191117-WA0018.jpg IMG-20191117-WA0020.jpg

OP
OP
MrWheelock

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a little update.
Picked up 2 MP40's for a good price so that settles the powerheads.
Ordered a few snails and hermits to help boost up my clean up crew.
The Mrs. started dosing no3po4x again because nitrates are crazy and I'm getting some GHA growth on the back glass and the rocks.

Not sure how I feel about going back to no3po4x again, but I dont have a choice until I get home and set up a pellet reactor, or denitrator.

OP
OP
MrWheelock

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank You for letting me ride along... Great Job... Glad you went with the 40's I think you will like them... Nice Leather BTW :)
Thank you! There was much debate in my head, but after all the reliability of the mps and the cleanability is what sold me.

The leather has really taken off in the past few months! The first photo was in April and the second was last month
IMG-20190409-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20191117-WA0020.jpg

OP
OP
MrWheelock

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been watching LFS for just the right one... I will have one just has soon as I find one I can't live without... Yours looks like it is doing So Well... Great Job
Thank you, I'll be sure to tell the wife, she's so proud that its been growing! This little guy is actually two branches so if you ever want a piece lemme know.

CasaReefer

Promoted To Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I'll be sure to tell the wife, she's so proud that its been growing! This little guy is actually two branches so if you ever want a piece lemme know.
Well Thank You... How far from WWC super store do you live have you visited them?...

OP
OP
MrWheelock

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Thank You... How far from WWC super store do you live have you visited them?...
I'm about 1.5 hours. I havent visited yet, but its on my list when I get home and get the upgrade done for sure, their new place looks amazing!

CasaReefer

Promoted To Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about 1.5 hours. I havent visited yet, but its on my list when I get home and get the upgrade done for sure, their new place looks amazing!
Man I am glad I don't live to close to that place... I would be broke.. I live about 3.5 hrs from LA and I have been threatening to go out there.. They have some nice shops out their there. Also been thinking about getting a Business Lic so I can go and by wholesale... Trying to talk the wife into putting a couple frag tanks in the garage

OP
OP
MrWheelock

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I am glad I don't live to close to that place... I would be broke.. I live about 3.5 hrs from LA and I have been threatening to go out there.. They have some nice shops out their there. Also been thinking about getting a Business Lic so I can go and by wholesale... Trying to talk the wife into putting a couple frag tanks in the garage
I hear ya! Good thing its a "terrible" drive over there, I'm sure it won't matter though...
dooooo it! Get frag tanks! If i had more room i would set some up for sure!

CasaReefer

Promoted To Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear ya! Good thing its a "terrible" drive over there, I'm sure it won't matter though...
dooooo it! Get frag tanks! If i had more room i would set some up for sure!
I will make sure to let the wife know your on my side. :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back