View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And Finally...

2013-07-09 21.37.10.jpg
The doors are hung!

2013-07-10 07.41.35.jpg

The hinges had to be modded to fit correctly and they are white, so I might have to paint them black and then I will be done.
I'm not so much worried about the white hinges as I am worried about the exposed metal rusting quickly so I at least have to cover the metal with something.

OP
OP
shovelrider

shovelrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I would say it was easier than I expected,but I did have to borrow some tools from friends. It would have been really hard without the compound miter saw and router that I borrowed.

If I did it again I would stain and not paint, painting and sanding between coats takes a long time.

Tank setup thread coming soon...

bo0sted2g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This came out awesome! I'm about to build a stand for my 75 also.... I dont trust the one that came with it, and it doesn't have enough room for my sump

bernardo serrato

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any update on your tank stand. im trying to make one for my 75g the stand its on now give me the creeps its an old system and i wanna make a stronger stand for it since i carelessly get it wet sometimes when i fill up my ato 5g jug. so i think its time for a new one. now the only problem is that my tank has a corner over flow and the bottom of the tank is drilled, im hoping i dont have trouble with the bulk head at the bottom getting in the way of the 2x4's

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back