75 gallon stocking- Am I full?

MadReefer.420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rather new here, my apologies if posting in wrong forum.

I'm looking to crowd source suggestions for any further additions, or tell me if I'm full or overstocked already and should stop.

I have a standard 75g with 40g sump with refugium and protein skimmer, etc.

Approx 60lbs live sand and 60lbs live rock in DT.

Fish- 2 occellaris clowns (mated, lay eggs), yellow watchman goby, royal gramma basslet, lubbocks fairy wrasse, Midas blenny, tomini bristletooth tang, sapphire springeri damsel

Inverts- several cerith snails, many nassarius snails, 3 scarlett reef hermits, 3 blue leg hermits, halloween hermit, emerald crab, candy pistol shrimp (paired with YWMG), skunk cleaner shrimp, 2 rose bubble tip anemones, various hitchhikers

Corals- various zoas and palys, various mushrooms, devils hand leathers, cabbages, toadstools, rainbow clove polyps, pulsing Xenia, green star polyps

I have minimal aggression and want to keep it that way.

Parameters are stable with the exception of occasional alkalinity drops; which has kept me sticking with soft corals for simplicity after a couple losses

Let me know if you think I can add any more fish or not, perhaps one of the following:
-2 bangai cardinals
-one spot fox face (is 75 too small for him and the tomini? Will he eat my soft corals?)
-marine beta (compatible with current livestock?)
-other suggestions?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rather new here, my apologies if posting in wrong forum.

I'm looking to crowd source suggestions for any further additions, or tell me if I'm full or overstocked already and should stop.

I have a standard 75g with 40g sump with refugium and protein skimmer, etc.

Approx 60lbs live sand and 60lbs live rock in DT.

Fish- 2 occellaris clowns (mated, lay eggs), yellow watchman goby, royal gramma basslet, lubbocks fairy wrasse, Midas blenny, tomini bristletooth tang, sapphire springeri damsel

Inverts- several cerith snails, many nassarius snails, 3 scarlett reef hermits, 3 blue leg hermits, halloween hermit, emerald crab, candy pistol shrimp (paired with YWMG), skunk cleaner shrimp, 2 rose bubble tip anemones, various hitchhikers

Corals- various zoas and palys, various mushrooms, devils hand leathers, cabbages, toadstools, rainbow clove polyps, pulsing Xenia, green star polyps

I have minimal aggression and want to keep it that way.

Parameters are stable with the exception of occasional alkalinity drops; which has kept me sticking with soft corals for simplicity after a couple losses

Let me know if you think I can add any more fish or not, perhaps one of the following:
-2 bangai cardinals
-one spot fox face (is 75 too small for him and the tomini? Will he eat my soft corals?)
-marine beta (compatible with current livestock?)
-other suggestions?

Honestly, I’d say you’ve got room for more fish :)

You can’t overstock it as long as there is always territory for everyone plus some spare.
The foxface I’d say is alright in that tank, I have 2 in a 4’ tank and would say 3’ is the minimum - these guys don’t swim much at all unless stressed or just an odd one out IME.

The Marine Betta is a questionable one as they can sometimes eat smaller fish at max size, so I’m not too sure if that is a good idea.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%

Back