75 Gallon Stocking List

ZJGMoparman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to run my current 75 gallon stock list by some experienced reefers and get some feedback. My tank has been running for 7 months. It is a mixed reef with primarily lps and sps. Fish currently in the tank are:

2 Black Ice Clowns
1 Royal Gramma
1 Yellow Corris Wrasse
1 Bangai Cardinal
1 Pajama Cardinal
1 Diamond Goby
1 Coral Beauty Angel

In quarentine I have a Blue Eyed Bristletooth tang.

Do you think I've hit my limit on fish? I would like to keep my stocking on the light to medium bioload. Is there anything else you would recommend adding?

Thanks in advance.

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to run my current 75 gallon stock list by some experienced reefers and get some feedback. My tank has been running for 7 months. It is a mixed reef with primarily lps and sps. Fish currently in the tank are:

2 Black Ice Clowns
1 Royal Gramma
1 Yellow Corris Wrasse
1 Bangai Cardinal
1 Pajama Cardinal
1 Diamond Goby
1 Coral Beauty Angel

In quarentine I have a Blue Eyed Bristletooth tang.

Do you think I've hit my limit on fish? I would like to keep my stocking on the light to medium bioload. Is there anything else you would recommend adding?

Thanks in advance.
Not the limit but, if you want a medium stock you're there when including the Bristletooth imo. I have a 90 with, Yellow Tang, Three stripe Damsel, Ocellaris, Coral Beauty, and Eibli Angel as far as fish. Quite a few inverts though. I'd consider mine to be a lighter stock. Anytime I go above 6, things get a bit hairy lol....
Things to add? What is your CUC consisted of? Perhaps a few inverts in addition to that depending on what you have currently...

OP
OP
Z

ZJGMoparman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the limit but, if you want a medium stock you're there when including the Bristletooth imo. I have a 90 with, Yellow Tang, Three stripe Damsel, Ocellaris, Coral Beauty, and Eibli Angel as far as fish. Quite a few inverts though. I'd consider mine to be a lighter stock. Anytime I go above 6, things get a bit hairy lol....
Things to add? What is your CUC consisted of? Perhaps a few inverts in addition to that depending on what you have currently...
For a CUC, I have a mixture of Trochus Snails, Turbo Snails, Astrea Snails, Cerith Snails, and Nassarius Snails. I also have a few blue legged hermits and a Fire shrimp. Used to have a cleaner shrimp but found him dead 3 days after adding the fire shrimp.

I guess I should also mention that I'm running a 40 gallon sump. Rock work is a little on the lighter end... probably 50-60 pounds. I also have a 2-3 inch reef flakes sand bed.

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a CUC, I have a mixture of Trochus Snails, Turbo Snails, Astrea Snails, Cerith Snails, and Nassarius Snails. I also have a few blue legged hermits and a Fire shrimp. Used to have a cleaner shrimp but found him dead 3 days after adding the fire shrimp.

I guess I should also mention that I'm running a 40 gallon sump. Rock work is a little on the lighter end... probably 50-60 pounds. I also have a 2-3 inch reef flakes sand bed.
I'd recommend a reef safe brittle or serpent star they are neat to watch , and also a sea cucumber (invaluable as a sand bed cleaner for me). I have 2 sea urchins as well, but if you're not keen on things being shifted about, then avoid. What about an anemone? Some really beautiful smaller ones out there fairly reasonably priced. A type of rock nem perhaps...
Sounds like you've got enough rock to help with keeping things nice and balanced.

Back