75 gallon tank ideas

BigAquaBob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm new to the saltwater aquarium hobby. I have a 75 gallon with LED lights, good, canister filter, 70 pounds of live rock, 50 pounds of sand. I have 2 clownfish, 1 pajama cardinal fish, 1 purple back dottyback, 1 melanarus wrasse, 1 cleaner wrasse, 1 tomini tang. 2 questions: 1. My fish tend to stay on one side of the tank. I am not sure if it's because of the 1300 gph wave maker may be to strong?? I have it aimed at the rocks but I am not sure. The heater is in the middle and I have good temperature throughout the tank. 2. I would like 1 more colorful fish that is active. Any recommendations?? I am just starting to do corals and will get into that more once I get some new lights. Thanks so much!!

DinoMagnet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two reasons would be temperature or flow. I’m leaning more towards flow. Play with the wave maker a bit see if anything changes.

Woodchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm new to the saltwater aquarium hobby. I have a 75 gallon with LED lights, good, canister filter, 70 pounds of live rock, 50 pounds of sand. I have 2 clownfish, 1 pajama cardinal fish, 1 purple back dottyback, 1 melanarus wrasse, 1 cleaner wrasse, 1 tomini tang. 2 questions: 1. My fish tend to stay on one side of the tank. I am not sure if it's because of the 1300 gph wave maker may be to strong?? I have it aimed at the rocks but I am not sure. The heater is in the middle and I have good temperature throughout the tank. 2. I would like 1 more colorful fish that is active. Any recommendations?? I am just starting to do corals and will get into that more once I get some new lights. Thanks so much!!
For colorful active fish my first choice will always be a wrasse

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back