• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

75 Gallon Tank is coming down

  • Thread starter Thread starter TORMENTOR
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TORMENTOR

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2009
Messages
51
Reaction score
2
Location
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set my tank up in February and I will be taking it down and selling everything. I lost interest in it and it makes to much noise for my wife to bare anymore. The tank sits in my living room and you can here the humming of the pumps in our bedroom which is right above the tank. It drives her nuts.
I could take it down and set it up in the basement but I never go down there so it will just get neglected. I really hate to do it but it has to go.

The tank is a 75 gallon acrylic tank with center overflow with Blue background, It has an oak cabinet with matching canopy. It is run with 1 Quite 1 3000 return pump, 1 mag drive 7 pump running my Aqua C EV 180 skimmer. 54 x 4 Ice Cap T5 retrofit kit in the canopy. 2 Hydoria 4 power heads, Phosban reactor, 30 gallon DIY sump. It has about 115lbs of Marco rock and 80lbs of aragonite sand. 1 Quite 1 4000 pump not being used is included along with a 54 x 4 PC retrofit kit.

For fish I have 1 Hippo tang, 4 Clowns, 3 Green Chromis, 1 Blenny and 1 Cleaner shrimp and various Hermits and Snails and 2 Green Emerald crabs.

Tank is fine, just cant keep it anymore. If anyone is interested in the hole thing send me a PM. I invested well over $2500 in it without cost of fish and I am looking to get $1500 firm

Its a beautiful tank, you have to see it in person, I have a few corals but that's it.
 

Attachments

  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 182
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 225
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Looks like a nice setup.
Have you considered looking into some other equipment that doesn't make so much noise?
 
I don't know of any other pumps that don't hum. The Quit 1's are supposed to be quite, hence the name. not sure if its the Mag Drive 7 or the Quite 1 3000.
Either way its for sale, still have to take it down.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new