75g aqueon reef tank inquiry

WannaBeReefer4123

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 29, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Would like to know what your experiences have been with that tank?

What equipment are you running in it? (Lights/sump/skimmer/etc)

Pics or videos please!
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

#WelcometoR2R

The equipment you choose is somewhat dependant on what type of tank you'd like to have, and what your budget is.

One suggestion would be to take a look here and see what other R2R members have done with a 75 gallon tank:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/member-tanks.52/

Good luck!
 
Equipment you need is completely dependant on what you stock your tank with.

The water gets deep quickly. Just because someone post nice pictures and says my way is the only way: Don’t assume it to be the whole truth. Erick Borneman, a marine biologist PhD says about people like that: RUN FROM THEM.

Start easy & slow. Don’t envy after high end reef tanks until you understand animal husbandry and TLC for tank livestock.
 
Hey all,

Would like to know what your experiences have been with that tank?

What equipment are you running in it? (Lights/sump/skimmer/etc)

Pics or videos please!
Hi and welcome to R2R!

I have a 75g Aqueon mixed reef that I set up last September as an upgrade from my 56g Aqueon column tank.
I am very pleased with the tank itself. I have had several Aqueon aquariums and never had a problem and I have had some of my aquariums up for 10 yrs.
The dimensions of a 75g are nice in that you can have some of the bigger fish like a one spot foxface. Also you can have a nice amount of fish, 10-15 depending on what fish you choose, (maybe even more if you are a nano fish enthusiast).
I felt I was able to create an interesting aquascape with the footprint of the 75g.

The equipment on my tank is basic and I am relying more heavily on biological function for filtration; a sandbed with part of it being deep, and mature live rock.
I have an oversized Oase BioMaster canister filter. I have had sumps but I love the safety and simplicity of a canister, especially this canister. The BioMaster has an integrated heater so its not in the tank and it also has a prefilter that can be rinsed without opening the canister. In the year that I have had it, it has not disappointed me.

My tank is not the showcase that many of the tanks on R2R are, but its still nice.
20260917_132611.jpg
20260917_133205.jpg
20260917_132845.jpg
20260917_133145.jpg
20260917_132647.jpg

 
Hi and welcome to R2R!

I have a 75g Aqueon mixed reef that I set up last September as an upgrade from my 56g Aqueon column tank.
I am very pleased with the tank itself. I have had several Aqueon aquariums and never had a problem and I have had some of my aquariums up for 10 yrs.
The dimensions of a 75g are nice in that you can have some of the bigger fish like a one spot foxface. Also you can have a nice amount of fish, 10-15 depending on what fish you choose, (maybe even more if you are a nano fish enthusiast).
I felt I was able to create an interesting aquascape with the footprint of the 75g.

The equipment on my tank is basic and I am relying more heavily on biological function for filtration; a sandbed with part of it being deep, and mature live rock.
I have an oversized Oase BioMaster canister filter. I have had sumps but I love the safety and simplicity of a canister, especially this canister. The BioMaster has an integrated heater so its not in the tank and it also has a prefilter that can be rinsed without opening the canister. In the year that I have had it, it has not disappointed me.

My tank is not the showcase that many of the tanks on R2R are, but its still nice.
20260917_132611.jpg
20260917_133205.jpg
20260917_132845.jpg
20260917_133145.jpg
20260917_132647.jpg


Thank you for taking the time and making this fantastic write up! Nice setup.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new