75g Stock List

brendude313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. So I was wondering if this stock list i have planned is ok or not. After reading other people's lists I'm 95% sure this is fine. I just had kind of an unexpected restart on the fish in my tank. After waiting out 2 months with only a single firefish I'm adding more again. A few weeks ago I added a pair of clowns and a royal gramma. Today I added a diamond goby and a canary blenny. Im planning on ovet the next couple months for this to be my final stock in the tank. Thoughts?

-2 ocellaris clownfish
-canary blenny
-diamond goby
-purple fire fish
-royal gramma
-one spot foxface
-marine betta
-maybe a peaceful fairy wrasse or a flasher wrasse

shakacuz

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
i believe the fox face will eventually outgrow the tank. the beta might as well. everything else is fine

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds like a good list. Just be careful with the Betta as they grow huge and might bother the fire fish if not eat him. It would be an 8” predator fish vs a 2” one.

OP
OP
B

brendude313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds like a good list. Just be careful with the Betta as they grow huge and might bother the fire fish if not eat him. It would be an 8” predator fish vs a 2” one.
Yeah I've tried to read up on them and people have mixed feelings with them towards smaller fish. Im gonna probably think about that one for a while or find a substitute of some sort.

OP
OP
B

brendude313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i believe the fox face will eventually outgrow the tank. the beta might as well. everything else is fine
Yeah I wasn't sure myself. I wanted one or 2 bigger centerpiece fish for my tank and then I'm gonna call it with the stocking. Im stuck between a tomini maybe again or the foxface but I heard tangs are ich magnets so I thought maybe the foxface would work

ReefEco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bristletooth tang would be a good alternative to the foxface - they will stay smaller, longer and still do good algae work in the tank. Tominis are nice, as are Whitetails. Not sure the foxface is any less of a ich magnet than a bristletooth would be - QT them whichever you get...

Aluco

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bristletooth tang would be a good alternative to the foxface - they will stay smaller, longer and still do good algae work in the tank. Tominis are nice, as are Whitetails. Not sure the foxface is any less of a ich magnet than a bristletooth would be - QT them whichever you get...
Foxface is one of my personal favs.. such a good personality imo. A kole tang would be nice tho since space is a concern...

OP
OP
B

brendude313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Foxface is one of my personal favs.. such a good personality imo. A kole tang would be nice tho since space is a concern...
I'll probably end up with one of the bristletooth tangs. And then a bunch of wrasse I think or another unique type of smaller fish.

bigbugoutfitters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got a 75 and just added a hi hat drum. I couldn’t recommend it enough. I really thought about a beta or small puffer for my 75 and went for the drum instead. 20 dollar fish, awesome personality, really striking in my opinion, and would likely be more active than the betta. Also perhaps less likely to eat your smaller fish from what i have read. As you may be able to tell, i am on the warpath to make this a more popular fish! Either way, your list looks great!

VO6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fwiw, I have a marine betta in my 50 gallon right now with 3 banded gobies and he hasn’t bothered them at all

JCM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The betta won't eat the other fish and will be perfectly fine in a 75g. It will eat shrimp though.

That list looks fine, the foxface may get too big eventually.

Back