78g drop off reef tank build!!

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1472104131.225158.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1472104140.738287.jpg

Well after a long wait we finally made some progress on the tank stand. Now for some final touches, paneling, tabs and light hanging tube. My good buddy at MarTech engineering built the stand and tig welded it, it's crazy strong lol. So hopefully soon we'll wrap up the stand and I can send it to powder coat, you guys have any recommendations on a color? After that all I'll be waiting for is the custom sump/fuge my friend Mike is building. I'm getting excited to see it take full shape!!
 
This is a sweet tank!
 
Have you thought about putting a pump/wave maker in the drop? I've found the back of my drop could do with a little extra something and I'd do that, maybe with a closed loop built in if I was to get another built.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new