8’ shallow adventure

Chac317

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. My name is Carl I’ve been a member for a decent amount of time but I never put together a build thread for past tanks. I have picked up an 8’ acrylic tank used as a frag tank in a store. Since this setup isn’t plug and play I figured I’d start a build thread. In all honesty it will most likely be a slow build since I do have a lot of equipment to get and have to find someone good at woodworking not finish the stand and make some sort of canopy.

But the good part about getting new equipment and such is I can take in suggestions from everyone! I currently have a 4’ tank lit by an 8 bulb tek light with two reefbrites. I’m debating on switching to led for the new one. Either way is pricey so again, open to all suggestions before I pull any triggers. The new tank needs to be buffed and polished so that is the first step of the process.

But for now, here’s a pic of my current tank and a pic of the new one with my brother standing by for reference. It is massive! I swore off acrylic awhile back but couldn’t pass up a good deal on a much needed upgrade.

518C8838-BE4D-4E71-BE83-C2708E45688D.jpeg

E69AF0FF-BC27-44EA-BE5D-B9EC67D00C9A.jpeg

Back