8 gallon AIO

SunSill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to show my little AIO, don't want to create a lot of new threads about algae and all other things so my plan as put all information and questions here :)
Light: Fluval Marine 3.0 nano
Pump: Oase300 Optimax
and some Heater which brand I don't remember. Set for 25C (77F) degree
Filtration: LiveRock, little layer Sintepon to catch big particles.

Started in November. After 1,5 month of ghost feeding finally have 0 ammonia and nitrites. After that Introduced 1 clownfish, 1 clibanarius tricolor and 1 trochus histrio.
After 1 month add some corals. Started with "simple" corals. Don't want waste a lot of $$ and see how they die. My choice was:
Ricordea
Green star polyp
Some mushroom (which i can't identify)
Blastomussa wellsi
Stylophora pistillata "milka" (i know it is SPS, but in general this one should be "easy" sps)

Parameters right now:
NO2 0
NO3 3
PO4 0.25 (I add 2tea spoons of ROWA phos (in bag) to reduce PO4, but after 1 week don't see any changes).
KH 7.3
Salinity 1.025

So tank right now is 2,5month old, and i have algae on sand and hardscape. From hardscape I can clean with tooth brush, but sand is impossible. So leaving algae right there, doing each week about 25% water change.

Add some pictures which I did today to get some view :)

Questions:
1. What is the name of that mushroom? (picture 111)
2. What type of algae I am dealing right now?
3. When I can see changes in PO4 using RowaPhos?
4. What is that little "shrimp" I saw her today on water change. Good or bad?

111.JPG DSC_0006.JPG DSC_0013.jpg DSC_0020.JPG DSC_00022.JPG DSC_0041.JPG DSC_00110.JPG DSC_00417.JPG DSC_01027.JPG IMG_7738.jpg

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you're off to a good start with the ugglies about to move in! You have started it all up well faster than I would have liked, lights off for 3-4 months after starting up is my go to.

Looks like a bit of green hair algae, you can manually remove but think about a varied clean up crew.

What do you have in there now?

You have next to no livestock in there so start cutting down on your feeding. Phosphate don't go up by itself, it's something you add to the tank :)

OP
OP
S

SunSill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you're off to a good start with the ugglies about to move in! You have started it all up well faster than I would have liked, lights off for 3-4 months after starting up is my go to.

Looks like a bit of green hair algae, you can manually remove but think about a varied clean up crew.

What do you have in there now?

You have next to no livestock in there so start cutting down on your feeding. Phosphate don't go up by itself, it's something you add to the tank :)
It is easy to remove in from hard scape, but from sand really hard.
I have 1 trochus histrio and 1 clibanarius tricolor. So i think my cleaning crew is to small.
I will reduce feeding, but if i understand right: if i feed to much i should have increase nitrates or not necessary? Because nitrates stays almost 1 month about 3

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 53 31.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back