80.4 Frag Questions

SplishySplashy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I have a WB 80.4 on the way and wanted to get started on a controller board. Does anybody have the dimensions of the inside of the cabinet. I only need the left side which has the free space and not the sump side.

Also, does anybody think 2 Nero powerheads are overkill or 1 should take care of the job?

Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
SplishySplashy

SplishySplashy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If no body has the answer email WB they are really good about answering questions. Sent Me a detailed drawing of My sump when I asked
Emailed WB Monday night and still haven't heard back. Hoping I can get this project completed by the time the tank comes in.

N2950H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SplishySplashy, sorry I don't have any input on your powerhead queston, but if you ordered your 80.4 in white I'd love to see a photo when you have the stand built. Apparently they are shipping with black interiors now.

Do you think this tank would be adequate for a tang?

You'll get a few different viewpoints on this I'm sure, but many will say it is generally unwise to keep most tangs in such a small/shallow tank. I have this same tank coming, and display tank is only about 60 gallons and obviously quite shallow. I believe the general guideline is like a 6 foot tank for most tangs, and preferably one with more traditional depth dimensions.

I've been considering a tang as well, but I just don't think this is the right tank for that. If I were to do it, it would probably be a Kole or Bristletooth.

OP
OP
SplishySplashy

SplishySplashy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SplishySplashy, sorry I don't have any input on your powerhead queston, but if you ordered your 80.4 in white I'd love to see a photo when you have the stand built. Apparently they are shipping with black interiors now.

You'll get a few different viewpoints on this I'm sure, but many will say it is generally unwise to keep most tangs in such a small/shallow tank. I have this same tank coming, and display tank is only about 60 gallons and obviously quite shallow. I believe the general guideline is like a 6 foot tank for most tangs, and preferably one with more traditional depth dimensions.

I've been considering a tang as well, but I just don't think this is the right tank for that. If I were to do it, it would probably be a Kole or Bristletooth.

I will post pictures once the tank arrives. I ended up pulling the trigger and purchased a 2nd Nero powerhead and since I can't seem to get an answer regarding the inside cabinet dimensions, I ended up purchasing the Marine Depot Controller board with LED light strips.

I have a small blue tang that will be transferred into the tank, however, if I see he/she is too stressed or once it gets bigger I will end up finding a new home for it.

OP
OP
SplishySplashy

SplishySplashy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got the Frag 80.4 set up. The stand is white outside and black inside. Excuse the messy dose cables, I got lazy towards the end and decided to finish it later.
32744F03-0A39-4E38-8A25-BCE0AC988774.jpeg
7D2E4D5A-24D3-4D50-95FA-AC12E5718E9C.jpeg

OP
OP
SplishySplashy

SplishySplashy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! Did everything go together as expected?
The transfer went very smooth and i was looking forward to enjoying the tank over the long weekend BUT... I had a freak accident last night and a vase fell off a bookshelf I had and cracked my tank.;Dead Luckily I had my old tank and managed to transfer and save most of my water. The wife called waterbox today and ordered me a new frag 80.4 with expedited shipping however it was out of pocket due to waterbox warranty not covering the accident. Wife also stated that their customer service is excellent so my tank buddies and I are anxiously awaiting the replacement.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 53 81.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.6%
Back