80 gal Rimless Build (32”x24”x24”)

Tank & Stand
IMG_0083.jpg
IMG_0087.jpg
IMG_0086.jpg
 
Going to add supplemental bracing to the stand, and water proof the interior of the stand. Will be adding a trim board on the interior front lower section of the stand to hold approximately 3” of accidental spillage. Changing out all hardware on the stand to stainless to help rust/waterproof the interior of the stand.
 
I having been looking at an SCA tank for a while but have read some negative reviews on the company. How has your experience been with the company?
 
I having been looking at an SCA tank for a while but have read some negative reviews on the company. How has your experience been with the company?

Customer service was great. I received my order 11 days after I made payment. Aquarium and silicone work look perfect. Upgraded to the solid wood 36” tall stand. Stand was quality except for the hinges & hardware. Stand also has metal bracing in all four corners.
 
What do you have in mind equipment wise?

Ecotech Vectra M2
Tunze ATO
Hydra 52 HD
Trigger sapphire 20 cube sump
Custom black 10 gal ATO Reservoir
Custom Octo screen Lid
No controller at the moment (probably later)
All hard plumbing (Bulk Reef supply)
Nyos Quantum 160 skimmer
WP 60 (will upgrade or add another pump soon)
Two Finnex Titanium heaters
Ink Bird Temp controller
Kessil H80 Refugium light
GFI outlet to DJ power strip
Octo WC 100
Two small koralia power heads (one in the overflow & one in the skimmer chamber)

That’s most of the equipment, I’m sure I missed some. I’ve been planning this build for 8 months.
 
Last edited:
Quite the nice list!

You have the ph in the overflow to keep detritus from settling?

May be better for the ecosystem to let it build up then flush it down into the sump every 6 months or so.
 
Quite the nice list!

You have the ph in the overflow to keep detritus from settling?

May be better for the ecosystem to let it build up then flush it down into the sump every 6 months or so.

Yes sir ph in overflow, to keep anything from settling. Been running like that the past 10 years, I guess it’s just a small piece of my knowing it’s one less area I have to clean.
 
Plans for today. Will be installing my exhaust fan for stand ventilation. I’m also going to wire the stand. I’m thinking of running all outlets to the rear exterior of the stand to help with room and clutter under the stand, and also to protect as much wiring as possible from salt evaporation.
 
Installed under cabinet led lighting and DJ power strip to stand, hopefully the exhaust fan shows up so I can get the tank and stand out the garage and into the house. I’m also using Velcro to route and tie up wiring for cleanliness.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new