850 Gallon Customer Custom Build Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giphy.gif

Fr4nkthet4nk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This rock is made by our go-to guy in rock building here in Florida, he does all of our custom rock stuctures.
20180219_083942.jpg
He does some pretty incredible stuff.
what are you guys using to put that structure together? How do you do it without making your skimmer to go crazy?

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stunning build! Where was the rock sourced from? Really love the look, the aquascaping job is top-notch!

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @WWC
What does this kind of thing cost? We are moving soon and looking into getting a 600 gallon in wall tank put in. I would love to get in contact with someone to get a quote for specifics!
Thanks!

autoxgt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thing has go to be done cycling so lets see some updates already...

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, any news on this system?

We would like to apologize, over the past several months there has been some scheduling conflicts between us and the owner. Our goal is to update the thread with multiple photos within the next 30 days. Stay tuned!

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @WWC
What does this kind of thing cost? We are moving soon and looking into getting a 600 gallon in wall tank put in. I would love to get in contact with someone to get a quote for specifics!
Thanks!

I think someone said that the setup was $40K but that seems low to me considering the heater was over a grand.

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @WWC
Thanks!
Good afternoon and sorry for the late reply. Cost can definitely vary on custom projects. The costs is mainly based off of materials needed for the build, equipment choices, tank builder you choose, and time and labor into the project. We would be happy to help you with a complimentary custom quote. Give us a call and ask for Alex at 1.855.WWC.REEF or email us at [email protected]

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stunning build! Where was the rock sourced from? Really love the look, the aquascaping job is top-notch!
Thank you very much and appreciate the kind words on the build. The rock was actually sourced by a local guy here in Florida that hand makes the rock structures him self.

Last edited:

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think someone said that the setup was $40K but that seems low to me considering the heater was over a grand.
Yeah I would guess this build is at least $80-100k. If you factor in the extra sqft in the house it's probably more than that. And not to mention, simply by hiring a company to do the build for you, the costs go up by probably at least 30% or more.

Heck, if you just look at lighting alone, they have at least 10k in Radions and T5s, then you factor in the labor and materials to install them and build a custom light rack, you're probably around 12-14k for just the lights. Custom tank, sump, cabinetry, custom stand, all that custom rock work, all the labor and materials involved in finishing the room, then you have to factor in all the flow equipment, skimmer, controller, dosers, etc, etc, etc. It adds up really quick.

Last edited:

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I would guess this build is at least $80-100k. If you factor in the extra sqft in the house it's probably more than that. And not to mention, simply by hiring a company to do the build for you, the costs go up by probably at least 30% or more.

Heck, if you just look at lighting alone, they have at least 10k in Radions and T5s, then you factor in the labor and materials to install them and build a custom light rack, you're probably around 12-14k for just the lights. Custom tank, sump, cabinetry, custom stand, all that custom rock work, all the labor and materials involved in finishing the room, then you have to factor in all the flow equipment, skimmer, controller, dosers, etc, etc, etc. It adds up really quick.

Agreed. It's probably my whole house worth. LoL

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a little surprised that your using filter socks, because so many people hate them. Frankly, I still use them and work very well, as long as I change mine out every three days, sometimes four. With that said, what's your thoughts about using them vs others mechanical filtering

Great build guys !

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.6%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 148 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.7%
Back