8ph and low alkalinity

benyseven

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 9, 2020
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
chorley
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently set up a 60l nano with established media and live rock from my other tank. Tank has been running 1 week with 2 clowns and 2 lps couple of zoas. Tested my water today ammonia nitrite 0 nitrate 2.5 dkh5 ph8 and calcium 380 salinity .023 My corals look good and all open. Is this drop in alkalinity expected even with using established media? How should I go about raising?
Thank you
 
I'd use Sodium Bicarbonate to raise your Alk.
 
I don't know if 5 dKH is likely to be accurate (seems suspiciously low), but if it is, baking soda is a fine plan,.
 
Hello thank you for your replies, it turns out my Red Sea test kit doesn’t work properly as my lfs tested 9
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new