OP
Goodair

Goodair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Panther grouper came in! He keeps peaking out of his hiding spot but I cant get a clear picture of him yet. :( The trochus snails too, gonna start with a few and add more if needed, the urchin will come down the road aswell.
I've tried asking multiple stores to see if their supplier would have a Radiata Lionfish but so far no luck. Has anyone had any luck with online vendors?
Saturday I'll be meeting with a local reefer to get his baby tomini tang which leaves me with a foxface and the lion in the near future, ideally a week or 2 before putting those in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goodair

Goodair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These things look so good good early, and grow up to be so ugly lol!
20190329_125050.jpg

OP
OP
Goodair

Goodair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, the grouper is eating frozen silvers so far and the guy who had the tang said he been eating misis. Really bummed on bow hard it is to find a Radiata Lion, it was the primary reason why I started this tank amd basically built around it. :(

OP
OP
Goodair

Goodair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like pretty bad reviews after some research, doesnt seem worth the gamble. I might just wait it out that way there is less regret down the the road. Gonna try calling liveaquaria or bluezoo to see if the plan on getting any in the future.

OP
OP
Goodair

Goodair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tang didn't make it sadly. :(
I've only seen it twice since Saturday and found it laying on the gravel today when I got home. Trying to figure out if it was stress or some other cause.

EDIT: Was from stress. Moved 2 different tanks in less than a week and the grouper was bullying it I believe. Gonna stick to fish that can hold its own for now on

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goodair

Goodair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is slowly becoming less shy, the panther is still being territorial, but the foxface starting to be less scared of him. Really weird fish, he will swim against the wavemaker's current lol!
Got a long spine urchin aswell, he been sticking to one area of the tank though.
20190418_154902.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goodair

Goodair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marine beta, really excited about this one! He been eating dead, hopefully he sticks to it after the move. Once all 4 fish are in the DP. Will use this tank to hold mollies amd ghost shrimp.
20190419_190809.jpg

OP
OP
Goodair

Goodair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He grew a lil, he ended up being a real a - hole, I love it! He wont eat krill or brine, just spits it out. Just eating silvers and trying to find something to mix it up, maybe squid or shrimp. I drop a rock with seaweed tied to it before work, its gone when im back, so fox is doing well im assuming. Its crazy how different he looks when goes full camo at night!

Some people are against live feeding but I plan on feeding ghost shrimp and and mollies after the beta is in the DP and the lion has some time in the qt tank. In the end, the fish are in cramped boxes so I try to simulate as much nature as reasonably possible. The occasional feeders should help stimulate them.

As for the tank, used a screen kit with plastic mesh to cover the tops, it came out clean. Still plan on trying a mangrove in the overflow box and add some macro algae in the refugium. Algae grows quick on the glass, the snails are nowhere close to keeping up and being a predator tank, there will be alot of nitrates to export.

I'll try to get a pic of them in the morning.

Last edited:

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone looks serene and happy. Tell me, does your Foxface spend a large amount of time looking very white-ish in color, as opposed to vibrant yellow? I’m not alking about the splotchy bruised bannana look (when frightened, or trying to camouflage in a rock). I mean just all washed-out? Mine often does... but he otherwise acts fine, eats, and grows, so (?)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back