90 Gallon Open to Suggestions

  • Thread starter Thread starter FishLvR
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

FishLvR

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Joined
Nov 23, 2015
Messages
1,537
Reaction score
1,877
Location
Inland Northwest
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know nothing about reef fish. I have been told by a few that my stocking is list is too much for my 90 gallon. So I am looking for more suggestions. I currently have two clowns and a cleaner shrimp and that's what I have had since I started this tank and have been fishless in the tank before, so I never learned much about fish. The clowns are 6 years old and the shrimp 3. Anyway this is the list split into how they will be QT and who gets into the main display first. I QT for 8 weeks.

1st
Existing clowns and cleaner shrimp.

2nd
Tailspot Blenny
Randalls Assessor Basslet
Zebra Barred Dartfish x2

3rd
Purple Firefish
Pajama Cardinal x5

4th
Anthias Dispar
Second Tailspot Blenny
 
So I would look away from the anthias until you are more confident in fish, perhaps look into flasher or fairy wrasses.
 
Also 2 tailspots don't generally get along. What about a dwarf angel, or pair of dwarfs. or a wrasse, halichoeres and some fairies, or if your willing to limit yourself to just one wrasse then perhaps a mystery, or sixline.
 
Also 2 tailspots don't generally get along. What about a dwarf angel, or pair of dwarfs. or a wrasse, halichoeres and some fairies, or if your willing to limit yourself to just one wrasse then perhaps a mystery, or sixline.

Not interested in Tangs or Angels as I have seen them eat a fair share of coral. Knowing my luck. My buddies sixline is the biggest ****** fish I have ever witnessed so probably stick with the Ruby Longfin or something similar. I did not know tailspots don't get a long so I will stick to one for sure. The halichoeres is a beautiful fish but I saw a vid of one eating some sps. I am much more about the coral than the fish to be honest. I may actually wait several years before even getting into fish. Two lonely clowns in 90 gallons!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new