9001 breaks during assembly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

a.t.t.r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to say i love the overall design on the 9001 however the pegs it uses to snap the magnet on are very weak they bent while removing it to add on the spacer. This needs to be redesigned or have the magnet come not premounted. On my unit i now need a whole new body inorder to use the product as designed.

Thankfully the body seems to be made of ABS plastic and a small drop of acetone is now gluing the magnet mount to the body permanently. I don't feel that was a step that should be needed for a Tunze product. Additionally the plastic feel to be lower quality overall from past tunze products i have owned.

Also it would be really nice to have the option to mount the magnet on the side instead of on the back incase you want to mount it flat to the back wall (hmm again I guess I could glue it if i can find a good spot that seems thick). 91E85BDE-A15C-4391-8C10-005EAEBF3043.jpeg

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya the magnet attachments are not up to Tunze quality for sure. They are terrible and I glued mine as well when I used it.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is something we intend to change, if you have this issue we will replace the body. It is possible to remove them without damage but it is something that you have to master so it doesn't help the end user much who is doing it the first time. In general if you pull straight up with even pressure they come off without issue. We attach them as generally speaking very few users need the spacers and it simplifies the install for most users. If you have such an issue, we do replace the body if this happens when you first recieve the product and are installing it.

OP
OP
a.t.t.r

a.t.t.r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is something we intend to change, if you have this issue we will replace the body. It is possible to remove them without damage but it is something that you have to master so it doesn't help the end user much who is doing it the first time. In general if you pull straight up with even pressure they come off without issue. We attach them as generally speaking very few users need the spacers and it simplifies the install for most users. If you have such an issue, we do replace the body if this happens when you first recieve the product and are installing it.
Instructions need to be changed it says to use a screwdriver (which also deformed the plastic on the female hole on the magnet which is very thin)
Currently I have to glued and am ok with it for now. But would not argue with a spare body/magnet if I ever decide to go back to the way it was intended to be used.

Besides the mount I am happy so far no skimmate yet but i also have it mounted 1/2 inch above the water line While it breaks in. 0 micro bubbles so far which I am very happy with I also live the air intake setup despite not needing to adjust it as it seems to have 0 issues being open 100 percent.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, this is one of those things that without disassembling dozens of them, comes down to luck, pulling it straight off requires a lot of force and the screwdriver gives some leverage, it can also work but you have to apply just the right amount of force in the right place.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back