9004DC bubbles

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

M3ntal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my 9004 DC running for a little over 2 months and figured the little bubbles it's producing would have subsided by now? I notice them coming out the sides and figured I just needed to let a surface film develop inside the skimmer but it doesn't seem to have made a difference. I tried lowering the pump to minimum for a few weeks to see if that would help, but no luck. Any tips? It's more of a minor annoyance than anything. I'd just like to see the water crystal clear rather than seeing lots of really tiny bubbles blowing around.

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get this occasionally and it is because I have not cleaned the sides well when I have taken it apart and a grain of dirt gets stuck between the front cover and the body of the skimmer. Maybe strip it down, clean it and see if that helps.

OP
OP
M

M3ntal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get this occasionally and it is because I have not cleaned the sides well when I have taken it apart and a grain of dirt gets stuck between the front cover and the body of the skimmer. Maybe strip it down, clean it and see if that helps.
I'll give that a try. It couldn't hurt! I've only disassembled it once, but it's also possible I didn't get it fully re-seated. That shell felt really fragile when I took it apart so I was nervous about breaking it.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a lot less fragile than it looks, the plastic is pretty flexible. I would generally think something is not fully seated, the main place I see people go wrong is the bottom perforated plate goes in the second slot from the bottom, not the very bottom slot, if this is off, nothing will line up right, the intermediate plate the pump seats on the tail just touches the bottom perforated plate. While you have it apart clean the air inlet and impeller on the pump.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back