911 scoly dying?

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed last night a weird brown substance coming out of my bleeding apples mouth, and laying on the scoly. Assuming it was just poop I left it alone. This morning I realize where that brown stuff was, made a hole right into the skeleton of the scoly and it’s almost affecting the mouth of the scoly. I wanna know if my little guy has a chance at surviving. Note that I did have a frogspawn just up and die on me, I assumed the split on it cause it to die but now I’m not so sure.
ph- 8.0
Nitrite 0
Phosphate 0
Nitrate .10
Ammonia - 0ish
All other live stock including a war paint scoly is happy and thriving.all house in a biocube 29 with stock lighting.
image.jpg
image.jpg

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just about all life form on earth beed some phosphate and nitrate including corals to survive. If your really at zero that is a possible cause.

OP
OP
tnewell

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just about all life form on earth beed some phosphate and nitrate including corals to survive. If your really at zero that is a possible cause.
Nitrate is moderate for my zoa colonies, I don’t have a for sure reading on phosphates, magnesium, calcium and alk. Assuming the alk, mag, and calcium are fine with weekly water changes.

Cristy17

Sunshine Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure its the same, but my mushrooms do the same thing when they are irritated. Perhaps a shrimp or fish was bothering him? Also, do you target feed him?

OP
OP
tnewell

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure its the same, but my mushrooms do the same thing when they are irritated. Perhaps a shrimp or fish was bothering him? Also, do you target feed him?
I do target feed him mysis 1-2 times per week. He wasn’t like this yesterday, the skin is like gone and it’s just skeleton. I think the mouth is affected as well.

OP
OP
tnewell

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is not a very safe assumption.
I can check all of them in the next day or so at my lfs, but all my other zoas, scolys, euphyllia, other softies are thriving

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back