92 corner bowfront "nsa" rock walls and scape

rsp919

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to share my version of a rock background. I know, I know ewww, rock walls. But, I wanted to try something a little different and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. Instead of totally covering the back walls I wanted to leave some areas between the rocks.
I started with 2 pieces of dark blue acrylic. I used the flat cut base rocks and laid out each rock the way I liked them. Next, took a grinding wheel and really scuffed up the areas behind each one. Then siliconed them in place. Let them cure for a few days and inserted the panels in the tank. Left them sitting there on there own for a month and everything held great.

Next up was taking some Marco rock and busting it up into some smaller pieces. Using Gluemasters thin glue, some inst-set and Marco's NSA powder I built a couple structures. With the rest of the rock I had I added pieces to the rocks on the walls to really give the the "nsa" look. Everything feels extremely strong with just the glue and powder. Don't think I'm going to epoxy anything. Hope I don't regret it later lol.

All feedback is welcomed, like it, great, hate it, that's fine too. Just wanted to share to maybe give others some ideas. Sorry for the crappy pics. Looks a lot better in person as you can see the 3d aspect better.

20231002_183155.jpg
20231002_183222.jpg
20231002_183237.jpg

Propane

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks pretty cool!

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm liking your concept!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 90 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back