93 Cube for under a grand. It can be done... I think. UPDATED GRAND TOTAL! :)

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it’s official! Daniel is a soldier in the United States Army

0FC344FF-63A2-4E81-A2B8-A5998F701099.jpeg

Congratulations Daniel!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Well it’s official! Daniel is a soldier in the United States Army

0FC344FF-63A2-4E81-A2B8-A5998F701099.jpeg
Thank you for serving and may our Lord keep you safe and return home a " true Soldier " !!!

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am back at work today. What I wouldn't give to still be hanging out with him.

We had a great time even though we are all tired.

I asked Daniel why he tried to pass his PT again while he was still sick. He looked me dead in the eye and said "Wouldn't you have? That's what us Brown men do. You had a stroke and went back to work in two months." I can't tell you how hard it was to not cry at that moment. His buddy told me he actually coughed up blood halfway through and wouldn't quit. He told me Daniel kept yelling "I am NOT going to fitness camp!" He's on a couple meds and starting AIT today. 8 weeks and 2 days until he's done.

I saw a bunch of kids that were not able to graduate from injuries or not passing PT. Daniel has a buddy that has to go to camp because he can't pass PT. He joined to get out of a bad situation and feels like he is a worse one now. I talked to him and told him that he met Daniel for a reason and to stay in touch with him and we would get him down here and help him start over. I met his family. Nice people but, they have no clue what's going on in his life. I can't imagine not being involved enough to know your own child is miserable in their life and looking to complete strangers to help him change. Pray for this kid. He has a kind heart and really wants to turn things around. Timothy keeps telling me I am everyone's dad. I'm ok with that. I had a crappy childhood and can spot one a mile off. I also was a crappy son. Redemption comes in all forms.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations, and thank you to your son for his service! You must be so proud! My dad had a company command at Fort Leonard Wood, years ago, and I used to love going to the graduations.

Years ago, you could get permission to hunt on part of the base if you knew someone higher up. I watched several graduations when I was a teenager.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got caught up again. I was too timid to post after I finished my first binge of your thread. I've since realized that everyone here are super nice/awesome! I was saddened to hear that your first shop fell through. I felt for you pretty hard. Now that I've come back with this new attitude I'm so stoked for your new shop!! So happy for you!!! It's funny; I also did the cooking thing for several years (including culinary school), then I wound up in IT. In that sense I guess I feel an extra kinship with you. Reading these last few pages, I must say that I am looking forward to what the future has in store for you! I'm so happy that you got to see Daniel. I did the mandatory thing and sent my parents the obligatory letter of when I would graduate basic training (Air Force) and didn't think anything of it. Imagine my surprise when they showed up for my graduation! To this day that is one of my happiest memories!

Thanks for following and the encouragement

We have had so much happen in such a short time

Daniel started AIT yesterday and called last night. He gets his phone every weekend which is awesome. He also made PG which is the leader of his platoon. No rank bump but it looks good in the future.

He sounded stoked instead of forlorn like before

Tim was working video for a football game last night and didn’t get to talk to him. He will today though and I am sure it will improve his mood. He’s been really snippy lately and was much better while we were with Daniel.

Going to do drywall work at the store today and work on layout for some really cool overhead lighting. I will post pics later.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tape and first coat of mud

D91DA3D4-A535-4D79-98AB-4A66A187095D.jpeg

My buddy didn’t sink the screws in the middle of the sheets so I have to go back and sink them tomorrow and mid them and the second coat.

Coming along well!

For future reference, ALWAYS put these on any drills prior to putting up drywall. I've had to do this a number of times for people that have worked for me for exactly the reason you experienced today.

Screenshot_20190824-151031_Home Depot.jpg

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coming along well!

For future reference, ALWAYS put these on any drills prior to putting up drywall. I've had to do this a number of times for people that have worked for me for exactly the reason you experienced today.

Screenshot_20190824-151031_Home Depot.jpg
We use them for every single screw in drywall

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.8%
Back