93 Cube for under a grand. It can be done... I think. UPDATED GRAND TOTAL! :)

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used sweetwater epoxy from pentair (used to be aquatic eco systems) for over 25 years. Nothing else works as well in my opinion. I was going to try pond armor this time but, I have heard of silicone separating from it.

Plus, sweetwater is way cheaper in the long run. One gallon cost me under $100 and did two heavy coats on both tables.

Good call!

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to mention about the epoxy: It works best on porous surfaces. If you use fiberglass in the seams first, you MUST sand it with coarse (80 grit) sandpaper and then wipe it down with alcohol to remove dust.

Also, if you get this on you, it is painful to remove once dry. In all the years I have been doing this the only thing that is effective is lotion and a nail brush followed by Dawn dish soap. I scrubbed a raw spot on my forearm last night getting it off.

If you get it on clothes, let it cure before washing them so it doesn't get on any other clothes and then designate those articles of clothing to painting chores from now on. :)

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And possibly living.

I am only possibly living now, where do I sign?

I used to run computer controlled pharmaceutical production plants, one of the processes got halted because the ppe they needed was sent to Africa during the ebola outbreak, I was a safety officer as part of my job, I was the only qualified assessor for my area come the end. ;)

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to mention about the epoxy: It works best on porous surfaces. If you use fiberglass in the seams first, you MUST sand it with coarse (80 grit) sandpaper and then wipe it down with alcohol to remove dust.

Also, if you get this on you, it is painful to remove once dry. In all the years I have been doing this the only thing that is effective is lotion and a nail brush followed by Dawn dish soap. I scrubbed a raw spot on my forearm last night getting it off.

If you get it on clothes, let it cure before washing them so it doesn't get on any other clothes and then designate those articles of clothing to painting chores from now on. :)

So basically what we are saying is if I use this without a mask it will help me giving up smoking, sweet?! ;)

I would not recommend snorting it. Then, again, I would not recommend snorting vodka but someone we know did that too. ;) :p;)

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was young, in my forties, impressionable, ... no, I never tried it again! ;)

So, what you're saying is, you did that just a mere couple years ago! ;)

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once you have things under way with the store and if you start a YouTube channel would be very cool to see videos on things like building a plywood tank. Or just stuff about the store. I am repurposing my salty 10g into fw after it's contents go to the breeder to grow out and resale plants. Your 12'er inspired me!

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you going to be running co2 on that plant tank?

Probably not. With the prices we will have, the turnover in the tank will be fast enough to not require it. At least that's the goal. If they don't sell well enough, the plants will be moved to a smaller tank and CO2 run on that and this one will be turned into something else.

It's too cool of a tank to just let it sit. :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 41.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back