OP
OP
96gts

96gts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a sad day for me. Look like almost complete loss of all my corals, all sps only white skeleton left. Sad part is I grew all these colonies from tiny 1-2"frags almost 2-3yrs ago. It happened quick as everything looked fine when I left work yesterday morning. Also loss a bunch of fish, a pair of Flame Wrasses, a pair of Pyle Wrasses, Labouti Wrasse, McCoskers Falsher, Yellow Eye Kole, I had most of these fish for about couple of years, all fat and healthy. Only survivors are the Regal Tang, 2 Leopard Wrassses, Melanurus Wrasse, Clownfish and 2 Sharknose Gobies, I moved them into a 28gal Nano and 20L, and they are not looking good too.

My guess is I had a Alk Swing and took out some of my bigger SPS colonies and they polluted the water and took out the fish and other corals cause of Ammonia spike. Sad Sad Day! I was up until about 3am trying to save what I can. Not looking good so far. I will try to figure out what happened when I have a chance.

2011-07-26 00.26.27 by 96gts, on Flickr

2011-07-26 00.25.45 by 96gts, on Flickr

2011-07-26 00.28.05 by 96gts, on Flickr

2011-07-26 00.14.36 by 96gts, on Flickr

OP
OP
96gts

96gts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok sorry missed the pictures with the brace on top looks great and open so why does it look tinted? just the lighting?
god i want that tank. please hook me up pm the builders contact and cost please.

I got my tank from Rodney at My Exotic Fish and Corals, tank is built by a former Oceanic/DSA Master Tank Builder that started his own company. It looks tinted probably cause of the lighting, the bottom of the tank is PVC. Hope that helps. Contact Rodney at [email protected] for pricing, tell him Jason referred you from R2R.

OP
OP
96gts

96gts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got water in the tank and also has the panels on, still need to fix a few leaks in the plumbing.

SAMSUNG by 96gts, on Flickr

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your losses, thats terrible. Very nice tank setup, Im sure you'll bounce back in no time.

bigronbo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so it is star fire glass with a pvc bottom? it holds water so i guess that works. looks great. it looked like a class bottom when you had it empty.

OP
OP
96gts

96gts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so it is star fire glass with a pvc bottom? it holds water so i guess that works. looks great. it looked like a class bottom when you had it empty.

I believe it is pvc/glass/pvc sandwich together.

bigronbo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry you had a crash man. Hope this build goes good. I sent a pm before i found this reply so disregard unless you want to pm what it cost you.

OP
OP
96gts

96gts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally added some livestock into the tank after adding the sand and liverocks for over a week. I used the Dr. Tim One and Only Live Nitrifying Bacteria, never see any ammonia and nitrite, started having reading of 5-10ppm of nitrate after 1-2 days. I didn't have time to setup the AI yet, I'm just using a Reefkoi 120W 20K LED for now.

2011-08-07 16.54.32 by 96gts, on Flickr

OP
OP
96gts

96gts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No new picture taken recently. I'm having problem with ich coz I didn't QT a couple of fish. :sad:

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
96gts

96gts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, great build thus far. I am sorry to hear about the losses.

How many AI's will you be running on this setup? I look forward to seeing some new pictures. :D

Thanks,

Sonny

I got 4 AI Sol Super Blue with a 48" rail. I think it should be okay for my tank, as I'm not going to place any corals both ends of the tank.

Flake

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only flaw I found with my AIs (and I lvoe mine) is how badly they spotlight on the rail. I now have 4 on my 48" tank.

OP
OP
96gts

96gts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only flaw I found with my AIs (and I lvoe mine) is how badly they spotlight on the rail. I now have 4 on my 48" tank.

I do have enough extra 70 degree optics to change out the 40 degree optics, do you think that will help? When you say "how badly they spotlight on the rail", do you mean that it with mainly light up the size of the rail?

Flake

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since they're so close to the tank using the standard rails, you can literally see just beams of light. Less obvious in person but in pictures it's pretty obvious.

I't possible the optics would help, esp since you're not planning on using the edges, just thought i'd toss it out there. :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back