A almost done 🪡

What do you do for flow? My Haddoni wrapped around the wavemaker before and thank goodness I had those nem guards on; otherwise, nuking the whole tank.
So the sicce syntra is running at about 90%, then I have two maxspext 350’s running a custom schedule that is at about 90% power throughout the day.

I tried a ritteri/Magnifica one melted, one nuked my tank. Sticking with carpets.
 
Man am I jealous! Iv told my wife many times I want to set up a dedicated tank for only Carpets! She just told me she wanted a school of clownfish lol Gorgeous anemones, always dreamed of owning a red carpet
go for it man! ;) They are very cool creatures.
 
So the sicce syntra is running at about 90%, then I have two maxspext 350’s running a custom schedule that is at about 90% power throughout the day.

I tried a ritteri/Magnifica one melted, one nuked my tank. Sticking with carpets.
Love the XF350s - very powerful pump with great flow.

I got 2 bleached Mags that were rescued from a friend’s tank. Mag’s and Gigantea’s are rock creatures; but Haddoni’s are bottom-dwellers so they need sand. However, they move around when they’re unhappy with flow/light.
 
Love the XF350s - very powerful pump with great flow.

I got 2 bleached Mags that were rescued from a friend’s tank. Mag’s and Gigantea’s are rock creatures; but Haddoni’s are bottom-dwellers so they need sand. However, they move around when they’re unhappy with flow/light.
Yup, that’s how I found out my pink/yellow one was a gigantea and not a haddoni as it was sold to me. I couldn’t figure out why it wouldn’t go to that big sandy area in my tank. Found out it wasn’t a haddoni!
 
Yup, that’s how I found out my pink/yellow one was a gigantea and not a haddoni as it was sold to me. I couldn’t figure out why it wouldn’t go to that big sandy area in my tank. Found out it wasn’t a haddoni!
Do you have a close-up picture of the pink/yellow carpet? I believe gigs have colored dots alongside their verracue and their tentacles are elongated.
 
Do you have a close-up picture of the pink/yellow carpet? I believe gigs have colored dots alongside their verracue and their tentacles are elongated.
Yup, take a look

IMG_4365.jpeg IMG_4361.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I think that is a Mertensii
Picture under white light would be much more helpful
I have a Mertensii but the tentacles are longer. This looks like a hybrid between a gigantea & haddoni. Very cool carpet, regardless.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4378.jpeg
    IMG_4378.jpeg
    225.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_4379.jpeg
    IMG_4379.jpeg
    175.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4377.jpeg
    IMG_4377.jpeg
    251.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4375.jpeg
    IMG_4375.jpeg
    166.1 KB · Views: 60
Nice carpet! I think it’s a hybrid, more of a Haddonis given short tentacles but dotted verracue. My blue Haddoni looks similar but does not have dotted verracue. It is very sticky! Mine ate a few fish already. :(
 
Nice carpet! I think it’s a hybrid, more of a Haddonis given short tentacles but dotted verracue. My blue Haddoni looks similar but does not have dotted verracue. It is very sticky! Mine ate a few fish already. :(
Thank you, it is quite a big nem, it is even cooler that it’s a hybrid.
 
Just adding some more recent photos
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4482.jpeg
    IMG_4482.jpeg
    216 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4473.jpeg
    IMG_4473.jpeg
    209.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4479.jpeg
    IMG_4479.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4478.jpeg
    IMG_4478.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4481.jpeg
    IMG_4481.jpeg
    227.6 KB · Views: 27
I love the photos of your torches!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new