G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A case of Murder

Just before lights out the reefer enjoyed an adult beverage while surveying his slice of reef. He decided to get a head count of his snails to determine if he needed to add to the ranks, he found most of the larger snails but one looked OFF. He watched it for a few minutes and then it happened, from beneath the shell several blue legs appeared and momentarily it confused the reefer.
But as the momentary disorientation lifted the reefer said, YOU KILLED MY SNAIL FOR ITS SHELL!!!!!

Hermit crabs will kill and take your snails shell given the opportunity, they are the worst home squatters out there.

Beware the thief with a shell for a home.

I immediately went online and ordered 20 or so shells, I have to protect my snails as best I can lol

Last edited:

Reeferjunkie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
39geqe.jpg

OP
OP
G Santana

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hermit Crab Sea GIF by Monterey Bay Aquarium

I’ve actually witnessed mine to switch out shells after killing most of my nassarius snails, never ever felt the need to get hermits again
Lol that's awesome footage, and I do like the little critters but I'm not sure I'll get more if the 6 I have die lol

Andresnyc93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol that's awesome footage, and I do like the little critters but I'm not sure I'll get more if the 6 I have die lol
Ive always just gone the snail route since, crabs are just grouchy jerks and always end up killing a couple. Luckily I also grow my own trochus snails on my sump so I don’t have to keep ordering them

Enkopaaisen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They kill everything when they are big enough.
my two large scarlet Hc chopped my two basket starfish into pieces. I have to take them out into a 10g water box. Was feeding pallets, apparently they didn’t like the veggie taste of the food. So the larger one killed the smaller one…..

OP
OP
G Santana

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone needs to make a reef version of the game Clue. Everyone is always trying to figure out "Who done it".
Mr. Crab in the sand bed with the claw.
Like every subject here, we'd have a million opinions lol and probably all correct

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my assassins, maroon clowns.

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Attempted murder of snail by cleaner shrimp;
I absolutely loved the crazy personality my cleaner shrimp had but I was kinda happy when he died because he was such an a whole at feeding time stealing food right outta the mouths of coral AFTER being target fed by me. I love hated him. Now I’m lookin at my neon dottyback with the same crooked eye.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 44 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 158 73.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.7%
Back