A couple of questions about robo-tank

kdx7214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking into getting a bit of automation going for my tank and I love the idea of robo-tank. I've been checking out the site and had a few questions though.

1. Does the $270 package include things like the pH card sensor card?
  2. Is this completely assembled (aside from inserting the Pi which is mentioned) or does everything need to be assembled manually?
Thanks!
Mike

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking into getting a bit of automation going for my tank and I love the idea of robo-tank. I've been checking out the site and had a few questions though.

1. Does the $270 package include things like the pH card sensor card?
  2. Is this completely assembled (aside from inserting the Pi which is mentioned) or does everything need to be assembled manually?
Thanks!
Mike
Hi Mike, yeah the main controller has an isolated pH circuit onboard, you can connect any pH probe with a BNC connector. The $270 kit includes the Pi, SD card and all cables so it's all plug and play and fully assembled, as you mentioned you only need to load up the SD card, I have a manual going over that. Only things you need are sensors and equipment and a small screw driver to add the included screw terminal connectors, no soldering required.

And a heads up, unfortunately I just ran out of AC power bars and have been waiting for relays to be in stock, they have them now so I'll have more available in about 10-14 days.

OP
OP
kdx7214

kdx7214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Mike, yeah the main controller has an isolated pH circuit onboard, you can connect any pH probe with a BNC connector. The $270 kit includes the Pi, SD card and all cables so it's all plug and play and fully assembled, as you mentioned you only need to load up the SD card, I have a manual going over that. Only things you need are sensors and equipment and a small screw driver to add the included screw terminal connectors, no soldering required.

And a heads up, unfortunately I just ran out of AC power bars and have been waiting for relays to be in stock, they have them now so I'll have more available in about 10-14 days.

Hey! Not a problem! This is going to be a gift to myself with our tax refund, which is still a week or two out anyway :D
Thanks!

OP
OP
kdx7214

kdx7214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just placed the order :D

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 106 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.6%
Back