A diffrent question, can i get some tips on how to cover my tank from dust and debries?

e1v4n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!

Recently we had an water leak issue in the bathroom and it will now get rebuilt, i have a reeftank in the living room and i need to cover it up since moving it cant be done.

The living room will be isolated with strong plastic and will have a way in and out when i need to change water and check the tank.
The process is drying out 2 walls and rebuilding a full bathroom and half a kitchen.

I need some ideas to how to properly secure the tank from debries and dust?
Any ideas and help on what materials i can use to isolate the tank but to be able easily to open up for waterchange and feedings?

The tank is a reefer cube 170 and has a t5 ramp with a hydra 32 above it.

Below theres a picture of the apartment, the dark blue color between kitchen and living room will be shut fully, the lighter blue color will be plastic with 2 entrances covered fully from top to bottom.

drawing.png

OP
OP
E

e1v4n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much dust and debris is there going to actually be in the living room? Any return air vents in the living room?
It is hard to say, but there will be a lot of dust since concrete wall will be taken down. I think the living room will have minimal dust but I'm still not sure so.i would like to isolate the tank further.

There is a balcony and a window that will stay opened in the living room so air can come in and out

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It wouldn't hurt to staple some visqueen from the ceiling and make a little clean room with plastic walls all around the tank and leave it in place when the dust is flying and lift up a skirt to get into clean, water change, or whatever else you need to do under the skirt to keep the reef happy!
space science animation GIF by European Space Agency - ESA

OP
OP
E

e1v4n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It wouldn't hurt to staple some visqueen from the ceiling and make a little clean room with plastic walls all around the tank and leave it in place when the dust is flying and lift up a skirt to get into clean, water change, or whatever else you need to do under the skirt to keep the reef happy!
space science animation GIF by European Space Agency - ESA
great idea thanks!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 8.8%
Back