OP
OP
M

markie mark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank I set up at the end of febuary..The corals came out of my 90 that was in the spot where the 150 is now..so some corals are over 2-1/2 years old....maybe a little older....

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank and corals... love that efflo!

RUGDOG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow Markie mark!! You are my hero. Please just come over here and stick your finger in my tank and see if anything rubs off.
Terry

OP
OP
M

markie mark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow Markie mark!! You are my hero. Please just come over here and stick your finger in my tank and see if anything rubs off.
Terry
haha...hey you old dirty dog...you don't want what will come off my finger...lol...They didn't use to call me deuce bigallo in high school for nothing....haha

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous tanks and pics! Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
M

markie mark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank. I have the same size tank and would love to know more about your tank.

I can tell you a lil about it...lighting is 8x80 watt T5 and 4x54 watt T5 all ATI bulbs..856 watt,I have a 20 gallon rerfuge above the 55 gallon sump/refuge...so pretty much a chamber above for macro algae that dumps into the sump,in the sump I have a chamber with 40lbs of ecosystems miracle mud,the greatest stuff on earth in my opinion,macro down there also..I run a vertex IN 250 skimmer,aquamedic kalk stirrer,and a korallin calcium reactor..pretty much the basics,I also have 2 35 gallon prop tanks tied into this also...all top of is done with kalk,runs for 12 hours a day...also run a gfo/carbon reactor..I have no idea what any levels are in my tank,I know my ph is steady between 8.4 and 8.0 at dark..I dont test the water because as long as ive been doing this at this point I can pretty much look at the display and tell if anything is off...I do add a squirt of potassium every other day and brightwells amoino's about twiace a week,whether those to acutally help anything,i'm not sure..Thanks and if you have anymore questiond i'll be happy to answer them...

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back