A Hungry Reef 180G NPS / Algae

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have thought about the Ventralis and I still might get them! I just haven't seen any available for a while now.
Those would look gorgeous in your tank! A sunburst anthias would also look amazing. Have you considered adding one of those?

Do you have any updates on how the tank is doing?

OP
OP
Exclusive Corals

Exclusive Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been battling with an army of Aiptasia for the past few months and I am definitely on the losing side as there are thousands of them in my display. I have employed the help over 40+ Berghia and have yet to see a dent in their population, so I have set up a small 4G breeder tank for Berghia; this allows me to keep introducing berghia into the display.

I have also added a Chiller to my system and lowered the temperature to about 74-75F. I have actually noticed my Sea fan opening more and seem to be healthier, compared to when the tank slowly crept up to 78F and several Sea fan started to not open as often / wasting away.

Here are a few updated pictures =)

uxtck8qh.jpg

aOXJrFah.jpg

I3NvPY4h.jpg

This particular seafan use to be close most of the time except for maybe 1-2 times a week when it fed. Now it seem like it's open for the majority of the day since I lowered the temperature

gaxhO9qh.jpg

OP
OP
Exclusive Corals

Exclusive Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those would look gorgeous in your tank! A sunburst anthias would also look amazing. Have you considered adding one of those?

Do you have any updates on how the tank is doing?

I'm not a fan of those sunburst one unfortunately =/ I'd love to get another Candy Basslet to have a pair. But beyond that, I just want to find more unique gobies to keep in this tank.

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a fan of those sunburst one unfortunately =/ I'd love to get another Candy Basslet to have a pair. But beyond that, I just want to find more unique gobies to keep in this tank.
Have you tried looking for fairy gobies then? I imagine that they wouldn’t be super easy to find, but it might be worth looking around for them. The tank still looks gorgeous even with the aiptasia in there.

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely stunning !! Extremely well done my friend .

This must have been answered but wondering your source for the gorgs . Is it all divers den ? Or other vendors if you care to share

OP
OP
Exclusive Corals

Exclusive Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried looking for fairy gobies then? I imagine that they wouldn’t be super easy to find, but it might be worth looking around for them. The tank still looks gorgeous even with the aiptasia in there.

I would love some of those fairy gobies! Unfortunately I haven't come across any =/

Absolutely stunning !! Extremely well done my friend .

This must have been answered but wondering your source for the gorgs . Is it all divers den ? Or other vendors if you care to share

I get most of them from various wholesaler and occasionally from Divers Den =)

OP
OP
Exclusive Corals

Exclusive Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The berghia breeding project is underway! I still see adult berghia crawling inside the display and clearing small patches out. Unfortunately these aiptasia are breeding at an exponential rate due to all the feeding (1 Aiptasia can make 7 babies every week it seem).

I have placed 6 Berghia in a separate tank and collect the eggs to hatch in a separate tank. The first batch just hatched and I see hundreds of small babies crawling all over the glass!

FTS From tonight (Note the new Emerald Blue Sun coral!)

JjPLaQeh.jpg

A few more random shots

U6hl4NBh.jpg

d8BlZaah.jpg

I'm very excited to get these yellow colored polyp Menella Sp. this week! I got 3 different shades of yellow

Neon Yellow
gEeq8syh.jpg

Dark Yellow
Tx9Hqzvh.jpg

Orange!

dd9YtYnh.jpg

My Carnation is over 5 months old now and still standing upright! I think this is a good sign

jbbqhClh.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy, I promise one day the aiptasia will be gone!

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in love with your tank. It’s absolutely stunning!

Thoarne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank, interested to see any updates.
I have a very slow work in progress of a NPS/Softy tank but have nowhere near the variety of NPS you seem to have access too which makes it hard.

Keep up the awesome work.

Eric R.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The berghia breeding project is underway! I still see adult berghia crawling inside the display and clearing small patches out. Unfortunately these aiptasia are breeding at an exponential rate due to all the feeding (1 Aiptasia can make 7 babies every week it seem).

I have placed 6 Berghia in a separate tank and collect the eggs to hatch in a separate tank. The first batch just hatched and I see hundreds of small babies crawling all over the glass!

Hope you guys enjoy, I promise one day the aiptasia will be gone!
@Exclusive Corals, how are your tanks doing, were you able to beat back the aiptasia? Would love to see some recent pics, including of the macro tank. Any new additions?

Hope you and your tank are doing well! It's very beautiful and has inspired me to try more NPS.

Eric R.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They haven't been on since October or posted here since June... that's always a bad sign. Hope the aiptasia didn't crash the tank. It was such a lovely tank!

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They haven't been on since October or posted here since June... that's always a bad sign. Hope the aiptasia didn't crash the tank. It was such a lovely tank!
I guess we should all just be patient.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%

Back