A little Serpent Damsel Love

Mnmbrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it normal that my smaller damsel won’t stay away from my serpent star? Should I worry? It’s been picked on by my bigger damsel since added and always stayed near the top of the tank. Now it’s at the bottom and won’t leave whatever rock crevice my serpent goes into. They don’t seem agitated by each other so far… is this normal?

(pardon the awful photo)

AAC6E10B-03AF-4A42-8384-1EA3D6C94701.jpeg

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
He may be lonely, lol.

Not unusual for a fish like him to hide from a more aggressive tank mate. The damsel
Isn’t in any danger from the serpent, and he probably isn’t picking on the serpent. May just be coincidence that they are sharing the same hiding spaces.

OP
OP
Mnmbrix

Mnmbrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He may be lonely, lol.

Not unusual for a fish like him to hide from a more aggressive tank mate. The damsel
Isn’t in any danger from the serpent, and he probably isn’t picking on the serpent. May just be coincidence that they are sharing the same hiding spaces.
Thanks! The little damsel seeks him out but just to share space so maybe he thinks the big one will leave him alone if the star is there. Or lonely like you said LOL - thank you :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back